Chapter 25

Asta’s P.O.V

Everyone glanced at our guests before putting on a serious demeanour and to be honest, they pulled it off well. Everyone except Yami. He is still sweating because Mereo still has her paw on his head, poor dude. His hair must be burning and he’s gonna need a haircut.

"As I said, these people are the leaders of Staria together with their escorts and they are here to discuss an alliance."

Hmm… Staria… never heard of them, maybe I've read about them in a book, but I can't recall.

"Um Julius, where is this 'Staria' located and why are we forming an alliance with them?"

And William starts with the question and damn was he straightforward.

"First, we're located outside of these four kingdoms and second, the Spade Kingdom is planning a war."

And the Queen strikes back with a double hit, will the captains recover? Nah.

"How does a country that is out outside of these four kingdoms have this information before any of us?"

Nozel joins in with a critical hit, but how did they acquire this info before us?!

"That is classified."

And the deer quickly reacted with the 'classified' card. Wait, the deer spoke?!

.

.

.

"AAAAAHH!!!"

All of the captains jumped out of their seats except Dorothy and Yami because y'know, if he did, his head would go up in flames, but he did drop his cigarette. Dorothy’s snooze bubble did pop though. But that doesn't matter, the deer actually spoke, what the hell is with that? Does every animal speak there in Staria?

"I-I-I-I-I-I-it spoke!"

Rill said that right before he passed out.

"First of all, I'm not an 'it', I'm a she. Second of all, my name is Kayla or did you not listen to our introductions, third of all wake up the boy we have business to attend to"

"Damn the sass"

These were the only words I could think of, of course I didn't say it out loud, just whispered as that would just be rude. Sadly, she heard.

"What did you say ya damn punk?!" What a temper.

"I said you were damn sassy!"

"You want to get hooved!?"

"Try me!"

Narrator’s P.O.V

As their bickering continued, Julius and Mikaela were at their limits and eventually blew their tops.

"Grey! Sit back down!"

"Kayla! Back off!"

"I apologize for my subordinate/companion."

Both Julius and Mikaela kept saying things in unison it was hard to keep track.

"Oh you needn't apologize Your Majesty as my subordinate started this by his unneeded comment."

Julius stood up and did a perfect 45-degree angle bow. He pulled out all of his responsible leader tricks because he did not want to lose this alliance because his stupid son had a stupid argument with a fucking DEER. Meanwhile Mikaela also did not want to lose this alliance and did her gracious and merciful leader act.

"Oh Julius, the blame is on us since she should have answered more respectfully as we are the guests here."

She put her hand on her heart and her other hand on her back and bowed. Both stood in that position for a solid minute until they sat down.

'Crisis evaded.'

That was their thought as they sat down. Until Mikaela spoke again.

"Well we can give a brief explanation about our situation with the Spade kingdom, but I warn you, it's a long story"

"Ooh I love stories please continue."

And with Rill's confirmation she began.

"Well it was around fifteen years ago. Our kingdom was an ally of the Spade and we had signed a deal so that our citizens could start living in each other's kingdoms and some more. All seemed good until one of our guards came to us and told us that there was something strange about the Spade, so we sent a few spies to see what was going on and it was confirmed. More people from Spade came to Staria for protection; people lost their homes and food was in high demand. We tried to reach out to them, but we never got a reply. We were suspicious so we ordered our spies to stay and report any more abnormal situations.

The state of the Spade Kingdom didn't change, but one day, one of our men returned gravely injured and told us the Spade royalty was overthrown and that the rebellion would reach Staria in a matter of minutes, but they confirmed that the heir to the throne went to our agreed safe house. Shortly after relaying the message, he lost consciousness due to his severe injuries.

We rounded up our guards and all capable citizens because if they were able to overthrow the Spade we had to be on alert. And after twenty minutes, they arrived, but to say it was a bloodbath would be an understatement. Thousands of casualties and hundreds of buildings were destroyed. My parents sacrificed themselves in the battle and we also had to send our baby to the safe house. And since that day, we've always had someone keep an eye on the Spade and now they're trying to overtake these four kingdoms before targeting Staria again."

Everyone looked at her in shock as she wiped her tears. They never expected it to hit so close to home for her.

"So that's why I couldn't get in contact with the Spade, I never knew that happened. But it explains why they isolated themselves from the outside world."

Mikaela’s P.O.V

I sighed and composed myself. It's already been so long ago, but it still hurts. I cleared my throat getting everybody out of their shock. After my story we quickly came to an agreement and finished the meeting, but I would not leave without asking my question. The question that would reunite my family whole.