Chapter 27

WARNING! SMALL MANGA SPOILERS AHEAD!

Asta's P.O.V

I was floating in a space that was painted a deep blood red. I didn't know where I was and I didn't know what to do until I heard it.

"Come to me."

I didn't know what was happening, but my body moved on it's own. I couldn't control myself and went towards the voice and when we finally arrived I saw it. It was tall and pitch black, with wavy like hair and two horns. It's glowing red eyes pierce into mine. I couldn't move as it's hand was reaching towards me, but before it could grab me, everything disappeared.

I immediately woke up , panting to catch my breath. Cold sweat drips down my forehead as I remember that.

"What a weird dream..."

I jumped out of bed and opened my nightstand. I took a few sleeping pills and swallowed them with water. Damn that night light is annoying, wait, night light? I never had one of those... I look to my right and see my grimoire open and floating with something sticking out. It was cross-shaped, and it looked very much like a hilt. I cautiously approached it and pulled at the hilt. When I completely pulled it out, it was a sword. A long broad bastard sword? I quickly put on some clothes and slippers and ran outside.

Once outside I went to the sparring grounds and laid the sword on the ground. I cast a quick barrier spell so no one interrupts and I started expirimenting. I hit the sword with a weak water spell, but it nullified it. I tried it multiple times with numerous spells ranging from power, but all the results were the same, the sword nullified my magic! But how, does that creature have something to do with this? Maybe I can contact it if I concentrate.

I sit down in a lotus position and inhale deeply, I close my eyes and wait for a few minutes... I don't know how long I've been sitting here, but they haven't appeared yet! You know what? Desperate Times call for Despereate Measures.

'OI COME OUT YOU BIG PIECE OF BURNT CHICKEN SKIN!'

And before I knew it I was back in that blood red space

"Now listen here you-"

"God, can nobody come up with something else than 'listen here you little shit?'"

"Well I- okay, why the hell did you call for me doofus?"

"Oh, I just wanted to ask you about the sword. I can hold it, but my magic like nullifies when it comes in contact."

"Ha! As if I'd tell a shorty like you, I nearly mistook you for a dwarf!"

"What did you just call me ya over fried potato chip???"

"I called ya a little wittle white bunny!"

"Oh yeah? You piece of overcooked fore- you know what? That isn't very PG. Sorry!"

"What the hell and why can't you finish it? Are ya chicken, shortstack?"

"Okay, if you come closer I can tell you."

And to my surprise, it actually came closer and I took the opportunity to punch them in the face.

"OW!" The black mass recoiled back in pain, clutching it's face. "What the fuck did you do that for?"

"Because we need to talk and you know why. This could benefit us both in the long run."

"Really now?" The gigantic mass just chuckled. God that laugh though. "And how are you going to make me listen?"

"Well, when I punched you I put one of my summoning seals on you so even if you kick me out, I can summon myself to you and you to me."

"Damn, smartass brat. Tch"

"We'll continue this discussion in the human world"

I really did that! Holy shit! I punched that strange entity and even put my seal mark on it, I better get out of this place; it seems like they're in control of it.

"Welp, time to go! Buh-bye! See ya in a bit!"

"Wait you bird-poop stain."

"I can't hear you ~"

I exit the realm and open my eyes. My barrier is still up, but it has become weaker. Seems like the sword also takes the mana from other beings.

I expand and reinforce my barrier before summoning the creature, hopefully they don't attempt to eat me. I closed my eyes, focused on my seal to summon the creature. I could feel it enter our world. When I opened my eyes, I saw nothing. I'm pretty sure it worked. Until...

"Down here bird poop."

Wait, what? I look down and see... it?

"Um, hello? Where is your parent"

"I am the parent"

"Oh umm hello... it?"

"I'm not an it and my name also isn't it, how rude." He scoffed, but it honestly looked cute.

"Then what are you and what should I call you?"

"And why should I say that to a human?"

"Well, right now you're about the same size as Nero maybe a bit bigger, but this is still small enough for me to crush your skull if you have one"

I said with my brightest smile.

"Damn, what a creepy kid you are."

"Well you aren't wrong"

"Okay my name is Riebe I'm obviously a guy from another realm ... blah blah blah ... been stuck for 500 years ... blah blah blah ... and now I'm here with you."

"Cool, I'm Asta, a mentally unstable kid with the power to destroy the country when I have a meltdown. I'm like a walking time-bomb who'll explode because of the amount of shit I have to deal with! Oh, I'm also an orphan from a place literally worse than hell, but hey! It's alright, I don't care! Also, my dad adopted me and treats me like I'm still a scared little five year old."

"Oof, sounds bad." He paused, as if thinking about something. "Y'know, we're kind of the same."

"How?"

"I'll tell you another time now what do you want to know about the swords"

"Wait 'swords', like you mean plural?"

"Ugh I'll just start talking and after you can ask questions."