Chapter 35

Narrator's P.O.V

"WHAT'S UP WEAKLINGS?!"

"Miss Mereoleona, could you maybe tone down your voice? The captain has yet to have his own arrival announced..."

"Ah, what does it matter? By the looks of it, we're the first ones here and everyone already knows my little brother so there is no need to scream his name or something like that."

"W-well…"

"Just drop it, there's no point in arguing with her."

Fuegoleon put his hand on his vice captain's shoulder in defeat. He was right, there was no convincing Mereoleona once she had started.

To Julius' relief, the king and the guests would come later than the captains as they were the most important guests, though he had doubts that the hall would stay as clean as it is now.

"Welcome, please enjoy the banquet and have a nice time."

"Julius, drop the good host act, we all know you are not even close to being so mature."

With Mereoleona here, anything could happen, especially on a Tuesday.

"Mereoleona, please, can you just please be civil today?"

"Maybe if I get something in return."

"Mereoleona, you can't just force a deal with the wizard king like that!" Fuegoleon looked appalled that Mereoleona could even suggest that.

"Why not? If he wants me to cooperate, I want something in return."

"As expected of the Vermillions, so shameless."

Behind them appeared Nozel with his group as he made his way into the hall.

"Truly, so barbaric, there's nothing beautiful about it."

Kirsch came in at the side of Captain Dorothy (who is still sleeping) and was rambling on about his beauty and the barbaric ways of Mereoleona.

"Haha! This is going to be very interesting. If this all goes wrong I might end up slicing someone."

"No slicing people, but if it were to happen, I’d paint a picture of the scene. Ooh, it might become my newest masterpiece!"

Shortly after the last group's arrival came both Jack and Rill, both excited to see the chaos that'll ensue.

The Purple Orca's group quietly slipped in, not wanting to be involved in the conflict that's bound to happen.

"Where is that Yami? Can't he even be on time for such a monumentous event?"

Charlotte came in with Sol right on her tail.

"Well, it seems to me that he'll be the last one to arrive."

And then there he was in all his glory...

William together with Langris and Yuno, though William looked poise and respectful, the rest of his little trio looked too smug. That face is not humanly possible yet they somehow did it.

Asta's P.O.V

After that long row of captains and their weird comments, he finally stood before me. That boy, I really just want to pester him, but I'll have to wait. Mereoleona is still pestering Dad about that deal. Am I lucky I don't have to deal with her requests? Everyone else has either started eating the food or is talking, so everything is going surprisingly well… for now. Yami hasn't shown up yet and if he does, who will he take with him?