Chapter 5

Asta pov

I slowly woke up hearing voices, I drowsily opened my eyes. I saw gramps and Julius walking out of the room. I decided to check the place out, I got up from the couch and opened the door. It was a little heavy, that's a note to train more, I went to the right and as I walked further down the path I saw a light. It grew bigger as I came closer and I saw a beautiful lady was talking to Julius and gramps was also there. I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"I demand to meet with that yami guy"

"aaah Charlotte you just missed him he's out on a mission with William"

"well if he returns I want to know it, I have some unfinished business with him"

I suddenly felt a cough come up in me I tried to hold it in, but I failed.

I coughed and coughed and coughed, but I couldn't stop eventually I felt a warm liquid in my mouth. I opened it and blood fell on the ground I felt like I was gonna collapse. By this time gramps, Julius and the lady known as Charlotte had already heard me. My eyes started to feel heavy, but just before I closed them I heard gramps call out to me.

Charlotte pov

I was about to walk away after my conversation with Julius when I heard coughing. It sounded like a baby kitten being strangled, I turned back around and saw a little boy not more than four years old leaning against the wall. He spit out blood and was losing consciousness, I sprinted for him and caught him in my arms just before he hit the floor. The old man called for his name 'Asta', it was such an unusual name just like that yami guy's. It's not something you would name your child here in the clover kingdom. I picked up the kid in my arms and looked at Julius, he told us to follow him.

He told us to grab our brooms, the old man got his carpet and told me to put asta on it. I gently placed him down and got my broom, Julius flew up in the night sky as we followed behind him. We arrived at the capital and went to a building I immediately recognized it, it was the work place of Owen one of the best with healing magic. Julius knocked on the door and a sleepy Marx opened up, he was in his pyjamas.

"Julius what are you doing here this late"

"Owen you need to help"

"Julius stop panicking and tell me what happened"

"asta, he started coughing and couldn't stop then he vomitted blood and collapsed, can you please help him" Julius said still panicking while pointing at asta.

Owen looked at asta concern lingering in his eyes and told us to bring him in, I swear if he said no I would've strangled him until he complied. We walked in and Owen told Julius to put him on the bed, he opened his grimoire and said that it would take at least three hours until asta would regain his consciousness. I offered to stay by his side until he woke up, Julius hesitated but the old man convinced him to trust me. They went away and said that they would come back on the morning, Owen said that his magic would continue even if he slept so he went to his room and told me he would come to check on asta after the three hours.

Asta dream pov

I opened my eyes, fire all I saw was fire I heard screams and was picked up by the woman who called my name. She kissed me on my forehead and promised me that she would find me, I didn't understand. She opened her grimoire and started her spell just as she was done an arrow was shot through her arm. She stood strong and put me in a basket and through a portal, but before I was gone I heard her say "we will fight for our kingdom and we won't be defeated".

Asta pov

I woke up sweating, I started crying and I don't know why. Who was that woman why do I feel so conected to her. As I was crying I didn't see Charlotte she woke up and when she saw me crying she pulled me into a hug. I cried in her chest I don't know, but she comforts me.