Probably shouldn't have stole the bread

The evening came to quickly, we all went to the choosing ceremony, in which people had to fly to get to, it was located in the United States of America, and Region 2 was parts of Europe, Africa, and all of North and South America, I lived in the poorest part of all of those places, Canada. Many people did not come to the choosing ceremony, some parents paid so their kid didn't have to fight,  others were too poor to afford a flight, so nearly 70,000 people were there, only 25 of them were staying here for the Bloodshed.

We took our seats, the stadium was the size of a football stadium, all the seats were occupied, I sat next to Adryan, and the speakers blasted a man's voice.

"Hello everyone, welcome to the annual choosing ceremony!", He said, no one applauded, "As you know, we will be picking out 25 children for this year's annual bloodshed." I never knew the reason why we had this war, maybe it was for population control, maybe it was for battle strategy. "If you haven't heard already, we already have a contestant chosen by the people of Quebec, Adalaide Carson!", The man cheered, "Please make your way to the stage." I got up and slowly made my way to the stage. "Don't be shy!", The man said, "Come on down!" I got to the stage, then the man got out the jar, the jar that held all the names in them

"Let's get to choosing the other names, shall we?", He smiled a dazzling white smile, "You guys know the rules, 12 girls 13 boys! Let's choose.", He said, " First up for the girls, we have Lazari Kent from England, please come on down!" Lazari was an average-sized, blonde with light blue eyes and pale skin. She stood next to me, her medium length blonde hair was wavy, she wore a white shirt with a jean jacket and black leggings. After the other twenty-three nominees were called down, we were all escorted to a place that we would spend the night, and tomorrow we would be on a plane headed to Ellesmere Island,  a freezing cold island with temperatures around negative 50 degrees Fahrenheit. I shot Adryan one last nervous glance, he crossed his fingers, the symbol for good luck, gave him a little smile, and followed the rest of the group to the hotel where we were placed in a room without anyone but the twenty-five nominees. "So, I guess we need to get to know each other better,",  said the girl from England, Lazari, " I'm Lazari Kent, I'm from England, I'm 16." A couple of waves and hello's and everyone turned to me because I was next to her, " Oh, uh, hi, I'm Adelaide Carson, I'm 16, I'm from Sunny warm Canada", That got a few laughs, "and I stole bread, so I'm here." The next person, a boy with black curly short hair and tan skin with blue eyes, "I'm Adney Aguilera, I'm from Argentina, I'm 15.", He said, "Also, I can speak Spanish.". The next boy with platinum blonde hair and perfect white teeth and tan skin spoke, "Hey, I'm Jaxson, I'm from here in California I'm 18." Next to him, a younger girl with wavy short golden hair and dark brown eyes with matching skin spoke, "I'm Runa Ababio, I'm from Morocco, in Africa, I'm 13." After a couple of people went, I didn't pay much attention until the last one, who switched seats with Lazari because the girl next to him was annoying him, he had brown hair with blond streaks throughout it, electric blue eyes, and deeply tanned skin, " Hey, I'm Ace Marquez, I'm from Mexico, but I don't speak any language besides English, and Spanish, and I just moved there, I'm 17, and the girl next to me is pretty cute." Everybody went 'ooh', and I felt my face turn red, but I quickly shook off the embarrassment and turned to him and said, "Thanks, you'll get there eventually.", I smirked, the other kids were laughing, except for Sky, she was a 15-year-old, the girl that was annoying Ace. After everything settled down and we got to know each other better, it was time to go to our rooms, I trudged up to my room, showered, changed into a green tank top and shorts, knowing that this was the last time before the Bloodshed I would sleep in a real bed, starting tomorrow I was going to be sleeping on the freezing cold ground.

I slept without dreams, which was pretty common, but I wanted to dream once before I could die.

The next morning I woke up to banging on my door, someone was yelling and saying stuff like 'hurry up, it's time for breakfast.', so I got up and got dressed into a pink shirt that showed my belly button with a knot at the bottom and a pair of jean shorts. "I'm coming," I yelled to whoever was knocking on my door.

I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and opened the door to Lazari, "Oh thank god you're finally out, come on we need to get to breakfast, we'll be late, also we get to see the other nominees from the region one!" We walked down to the room where people were having breakfast, Lazari took a seat right next to the only empty one next to Ace, I sat down and he smirked at me, "You look awfully nice today.", He said. "What about yesterday, did I look awfully nice yesterday?", I asked. He grinned, "You're cute."

I looked around, "I don't see a mirror, who are you talking to?" "You.", He said. "Ah."

"Attention everybody, as you have been informed, we will be at war with region one tonight, it is time to show you the nominees of region one," A voice spoke and the tv turned on, showing all the nominees for region one, a bunch of names showed, but the last name, oh the last name, Grecia Carson, my twin sister.