I really wish I didn't steal the bread

After seeing my sister's name on the board of nominees, I knew I could possibly see her again before I died. But what if she died? I didn't even know if I would die! I must've been staring at the T.V for so long because Ace shook my shoulders and pointed at the T.V, "They're interviewing our families."

Sure enough on the screen, they were interviewing my 'brother'.

Of course, Adryan isn't my brother, everybody just believes we live in separate houses because we didn't get along, and I adopted my father's surname, and he adopted his mother's surname, Willcox.

"First we have Adalaide Carson's brother, Adryan Willcox."

Adryan walked down to the stage and took a seat.

"Hello sir, tell me, how do you feel about your sister going to this year's bloodshed?"

"Well, I feel confident in her, I know how she is, she was made to fight, made to do this, and I know she will be able to do this.", Adryan said.

A couple of 'awws' from the audience.

"That was very sweet, but tell me, what about if she finds a man, someone she can get together with?", the host asked.

My cheeks burned and I glanced at Ace.

Adryan smiled, "That's fine, absolutely great, just don't let him be too good looking, I kind of has a thing for men.", he said, he never told me this to me, but I didn't care, I wasn't necessarily going to get with anyone, but I didn't care, as long as anyone I like I can be with without him being upset.

The host smiled, "That's wonderful! Tell me about you and her, what you guys do together?"

"Well, we liked to hunt, and we would go in the woods to the lake."

"Fun! you may go back to your seat now sir."

Ace leaned to my ear and whispered, "How's he your brother, he doesn't have the same last name?"

"Well, technically he isn't my brother, everyone thinks he is, also, they probably believe I adopted my father's last name and he got his mothers."

"Oh.", he said, next his family came on, they said good things about him, and how much they believed in him.

A couple of other people went, then we got to see region one interviews, which meant my father.

All the interviews went and then my fathers left.

"So, sir, how do you feel about Grecia being in this year's Bloodshed?"

"Well, I couldn't care less, the little runt has been pestering me ever since we were separated, she never leaves me alone, she's always asking if she'll get to see her sister again."

"Oh, well sir, do you feel confident in her to win?", the host asked.

"God, I hope she fails, she never does anything right, just the thought of her winning is sickening.", my father grunted.

"Well, tell me about her, what does she like to do?"

"Annoy me, be a snob, you wanna hear a story about her? Here, one day we were going to my girlfriend's house, we're in the car, we pull up, and she's asking all these questions about her sister 'how's she doing', 'have you contacted her?' of course I haven't talked to her, you rat! I'm about to get out and she asks, 'can we call her?', I lost it, I dragged her out of the car onto the ground with the sharp rocks, said to stay there until I came back, of course, Elma has to go get something, she sees the girl on the ground, the rocks had cut her, she broke up with me, but she really wasn't worth it.", My father said.

"Oh, uh, you may go back to your seat now sir."

I was mad, tears were streaming down my face, my fingernails might have left indents in the table.

"Adelaide? You okay?" Lazari asked.

I wiped the tears from my face and said "Not really."

"What's wrong?"

"That man, he's evil, m-my father, h-he's my father, he abuses, m-my sister." I stuttered.

"He's your dad?" Ace asked.

"Yeah."

I took a deep breath and explained to them " Nine years ago before the separation, we were living in Australia, they still live there, we were in our house, our mom went out to the store, she was on her way back, and she got into a crash, the guy that crashed into her ran, after a couple of months, my dad turned into a full-blown, abusing, alcohol drinking, psycho."

"Ouch, what happened next?" a girl from across the table asked, I think her name was Taylor, yeah.

"Well, we were only seven when it happened, we were too young to understand, but I remember when he got a girlfriend."

"Elma?" Adney asked.

"A different one, her name was Cindy, she was a stuck up snob, of course, she liked him, he had that brown hair that every girl was into, like yours Ace," I said.

"No comparing me to that!" Ace said.

"Anyways, everyone was always like 'Oh my god, you look just like your father', that was not something I wanted to be compared to, plus, he has the same hair as Grecia, not me, his eyes were too fierce, he was always drunk."

"He was nothing like you." Sky said, she clearly didn't like me, but she was listening to every word of the story. "Yeah, I would sit in my room when he wasn't there, I mean I couldn't go anywhere else, I was locked in, there were no windows, just an empty room with old books I'd reread so much, no bed, no nothing. I would go to the wall, Grecia's room was right next to mine, we cut a hole, small enough to cover, but big enough to crawl through, I crawled through one day, we were talking, I saw my dad's car I tried to get back through the hole, it was too late he burst in her room, and saw me, he pulled me into my room, by my hair, pulled out a knife, cut from here down. " I traced a scar that went from my right shoulder down to my right wrist "He beat me up, then he went to my sister's room, and I heard shouting, slaps, and her desperate cries for help, later when he was passed out, drunk, I tiptoed into her room, she was in the corner of her room, curled up in a ball, there was a giant cut from her cheek, down to her ankle, blood all over the floor, she had two black eyes, her arms were red, her braid was gone, it was the worst thing I'd ever seen, I tried to help her, but I could only soak up the blood with my only extra shirt."

"Oh, and I thought my parents were bad," Lazari said. "They would come in my room every now and then, beat me, leave the house for a while, come back as if nothing happened, and baby me and my sisters and brothers."

"That's awful.", Ace said.

Then a voice came over the speakers and said "Everybody go to your rooms get any belongings we are boarding the plane."

I almost forgot, the Bloodshed is tonight.