I should probably find a safer place to stay

I slept without dreams. I woke to the sound of the names being said. Five people. Lucia Sparks, a girl from region one Kent Woods and Liam Woods, were twins from region two. The other two were from region one, a girl and a boy, Lili Court, and Ben Lake. I felt bad for the twin boys, I admired their courage in winning, they had said how they were from a long line of winners, and how they hoped they wouldn't let their families down, I made a mental note to tell their parents how courageous they were.

Then I realized, no Grecia, no Ace, no Lazari, no Sky, no Runa. Now, Runa was a little younger than me, but she acted older. When she introduced herself, she spoke with the voice of a leader. I wanted to find her, if anyone were to be able to help me, it was her. She was such a confident girl, especially considering the story she had told of her school. It had been a nice day, the sun was in the sky, she was playing tag with a group of some other girls and boys, they were all about nine, she explained they were the only people of color in the school. A group of older girls, around thirteen, had come up to them, they were like any typical white snobby girl (Not saying all girls are like this, most usually aren't) I had ever dealt with in middle school. Runa hadn't noticed them and crashed into one. The girl looked down a Runa in disgust and had kicked her aside yelling at her about how she had just gotten those clothes and now they had black people's germs on them.

When she told me that story I got so upset, I wanted to march straight to her school and whack them upside the head, not only was it racist, but it just made me mad. Ace had then said he could relate to that story, he said he had lived in Texas for ten years, he went to a school with white people, but him having a deep tan, people thought it was awful to even be near him. It made me upset about how people did and said these things to other people. Ace said it got better when he moved to Connecticut, but then, of course, his parents had moved to Mexico.

I realized I had been sitting, thinking for a long time, it was time to go find food or people. I rolled up the blanket, shoved it in my bag, if I was going to need to leave something behind, it wasn't going to be that. I grabbed some extra meat and put it in a plastic bag, took an empty cup, and everything else had to be left behind, luckily it wasn't anything important. I put my gun back in its holster and took off.

After about an hour of walking, I saw a boy, he looked around my age, maybe older, and he held a spear in his right hand, in the other he held a dead rabbit. I decided I was going to attempt to sneak up from behind and kill him, but lucky me, I stepped on a tree branch. He spun around, I stopped dead in my tracks, he dropped the rabbit and attempted to throw his spear at me. I dodged it, I tried to shoot him, but he was quick, he ran towards me with such force that when he ran into me, I flew back five feet. I landed on the ground, my head spinning. I slowly rose again. The boy had his spear in his hand again and was running towards me, I pointed my gun at him, but I didn't shoot, I wanted to see what he would do, maybe I could learn some strategy, that is if I survive. He leaped over a rock, and as he got closer to me, he suddenly stopped, no movement, then he fell, face first, a knife sticking out of his back. I looked around, trying to find who killed him, but no one was in sight. I slowly walked towards him. I wanted to get the knife, I knew that I would run out of bullets eventually, this would be a half-decent weapon to use if that ever happened.

I decided to stay there for a bit, of course, it was still early morning, but I didn't feel up to walking. The dead boy's body wasn't far from me, I was wondering who it was that killed him. Before I left, I decided that I was going to take his spear and even better backup weapon. I put it in one of the loops on my belt and took the boy's rabbit, and left.