I want a dog and a cat and a horse and a bunny and a guinea pig

I wasn't kidding.
I didn't really leave the house for nine months. I had no reason to.
I one day however got a knock at my door. It was around ten pm when I was about to go to sleep.
I opened the door and turned on the light who would be knocking?
Well I wasn't really surprised when I opened the door. I wasn't at all.
Before I had opened the door, I was just texting him. We were talking about random things that I didn't think would be a conversation. We had both bought a cellphone so we could keep in touch before we flew back home. I remember him saying that he was giving his sweatshirt to a homeless man but that turned into a full blow conversation about pickles. The guy was probably going a little insane so Ace gave him some money and left.
He also was texting me about carpets and whipped cream.
No wonder he was texting me so much and about really weird things, he said he only did it when he was bored somewhere without WiFi. He was on the plane texting me all about those things. Wow am I observant.
Well, back to present time, I remember surging forward and the two of us toppling over as I fell into him. I laughed as I tried to get off of him but I just fell again.
"I'm so happy to see you!" I said as I slowly stood and helped him up.
"You have no clue how much I missed you Adi." He said.
I help both of his hands. They were shaking. Then I remembered that he gave his sweatshirt to a homeless person talking about pickles and he was probably freezing now.
I looked at his arms and gasped.
"What happened?" I asked.
"My dad happened, now that my moms not there to "protect me" he feels the urge to start hitting more."
My finger traced one of his scars. His arms were covered in bruises and cuts. Large deep cuts.
I looked him in the eye. One of his eyes had a cut under it and his jawline was lined with bruises.
"Hold on, come inside, your not freezing to death yet."
I lead him inside the house and shut the door. I examined the bruises on him a little closer.
"How'd you get on the plane looking like this." I asked.
"I made up excuses like I fell down a stairwell and my dog bit me."
"Those would never be that believable."
"Worked for me."
"Are you tried? Hungry" I asked.
He shrugged.
"When's the last time you ate?"
"Uh, a week ago."
I raised my eyebrows "And last time you slept?"
"...A week ago?"
I went full mother mode right then and there. I shoved him into a chair and sat across from him.
"What do you want, a sandwich? That's all I know how to make."
"I don't really care Adi."
"How about you can have... watermelon? I don't have anything else I haven't gone shopping in forever."
"Don't waste your food on me Adi." He sighed.
"Nope." I said. I have a watermelon slice to him.
"I need to use the bathroom I'll be right back." I said "that watermelon better be gone when I'm back."
I used the bathroom. I didn't actually need to but I just felt like it.
I came back from the bathroom, Ace surprisingly ate the watermelon. Maybe I should tell him that I bought it forever ago. Wait, no, this one was from a week ago I think it's still good. I hope so. If it isn't he's on his own when he gets sick. Well maybe I would help him. I don't know and I don't really care.
Maybe I could kick him out? What the hell. I don't know what's going in my head space. Maybe I was dead.
Holy crap shut up. Okay whatever. I'm done ranting.
"Okay now do you want to sleep with me or on the couch?" I asked him.
"Couch I guess?" He said.
"To bad." I said.
"So I didn't have an option?" He asked.
"Not really." I shrugged.
He rose from his chair. Before I could say anything I noticed a slight limp in his right leg.
"Oh hell nah." I said "did he hurt your leg?"
"Maybe?"
"Yes he did no other questions added, I'm about to rock this mans-."
"Adi, calm down, I'm fine."
"No, no your not, I'm going to unleash hell upon this person."
"Adi I don't think-."
"I don't care what you think, I'ma 'bout to whack this man until he's in a coma I'm going to-."
"Adi stop." He said but he let a small laugh out.
"No-."
He picked me up and placed me on my bed.
"No, sir what do you think your doing, do not touch me!"
"You need to calm down." He said turning the light off.
"No Ace, this mans going to die."
"And I'll gladly help you, but you need to stop before you get to worked up and you die."
I reached for his hand and pulled him into me.
"I'm calm now, what weapon are we using."
"Gun." He said.
"Good choice."
"And when do we kill him?"
"When I'm not scared of going near him."
"And that when?"
"Never."
"Then how do we kill him?"
"We have my sister trap him in a room no food no water no windows no nothing and let him rot."
"But I want to do it."
"That's a big no no."
Of course we weren't actually killing him, although it would be nice.
"Canada's cold." Ace said.
"No, is it? I would never have thought it would be."
"Yeah well I've lived in places with warm temperatures basically my whole life how am I supposed to know how cold it can get."
"Yeah but no as bad as that island."
"Do not remind me."
"What happened when we weren't together on the island?"
"I met another boy."
"And?"
"We were allies, he was from China and he had the nicest eyes."
"My eyes aren't nice?"
"Shut up. As I was saying, we were allies, he told me things he never got to tell his parents. He told me he was gay. I really liked knowing this guy. I told him I was trans and pansexual-."
"Wait you are?"
"Yeah sorry I never told you." He lost my gaze.
"It's cool."
"The day I found you was the day he died. A person came from out of nowhere and stabbed him in the back. I killed the person who killed him but before he died he told me something. He said 'It might not be the best time to tell you that I like you.' I hadn't ever thought of him that way but I had listened and right before he took his final breath, he kissed me."
"Oh my god I'm so sorry that happened-."
"Don't be."
That must have explained why when Ace found me when I was half dead when I looked at him he looked like he had been crying. It wasn't just because my vision was blurry, it was because he was.