Stab me now

We sat around a table eating a real meal. Except Sky, someone got her Taco Bell.
I found that smacking people in the face with a prosthetic arm was actually insanely fun. You could see that it also was hard by the people with bruises on their faces.
"After this, you ten kids will be interviewed." A man who was sitting in the corner staring at us said.
"In front of people?" Ace asked.
"On a stage?" Sky added.
"With cameras rolling?" Adney added on to the question.
"Yes." He said.
"Goody."
"Crap."
"Can I kill them if I embarrass myself?"
"No, let's keep them alive." The man said.
"Do I have to change?" Irima asked.
"Yes, find something nice."
"We have absolutely nothing nice we could wear, we have this, and the outfit we wore on the island." Sky murmured.
"We have stylists. Now go find something with them."
None of us objected.
We were lead to separate rooms and given clothes to wear. I got a simple knee-length red dress. Sky got a gold one, Runa got a grey one. Lazari got something different, a tank top and a mini-skirt. Grecia said she coaxed the people to let her wear something that wasn't a dress or a skirt, and so she wore a suit. Apparently there wasn't anything but a suit, but she liked it. She also wore her hair up in a bun, revealing that she had an undercut, which looked amazing. All the boys wore something that wasn't a suit, which confused me why they couldn't give Grecia something like theirs.
We were led onto a stage. I was never afraid of talking in front of people, but I know a lot of people who were.
We sat on blocks with some cushions on them. Somehow they looked like they were bought for millions. People just had a way of doing that. Personally, I wanted to become an interior designer, decorating was something I loved. Everyone else with me had said what we wanted to be. Sky said an actress. Runa said a teacher. Grecia said a vet. Lazari said a farmer. Adney said a radio DJ. Irima said a CEO, which would pay very well. Jaxson said a singer, or an actor. Ciara said a doctor, and Ace said a photographer.
We took our seats and instantly the crowd went silent.
"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for being here tonight. Here we have the ten people who won this years bloodshed." The man said. "My names Aaron Lince, but you can call me Aaron."
I was sure no one was going to call him Aaron.
"So, how about you tell us all about how you feel about winning." Aaron said.
No one answered.
"Um- how about you, young lady, tell us how you feel." He asked Sky.
"I want more Taco Bell."
"Wonderful." He said.
Sky nodded.
He kept asking us questions. Our responses weren't insanely enthusiastic, but we answered as best as we could.
"Well, it seems you guys need some enthusiasm, exactly why we invited your families here tonight!" Aaron said.
No one looked happier.
"Not all your families could come, but we did get Runa's, Adelaide's, and Ace's."
"Goody." Ace said.
My family wasn't exactly my family. Adryan still was not my brother, but seeing him would make my day so much better.
A hand clasped my shoulder. I turned. Adryan and some other man boy stood behind me.
"Adryan!" I grinned and tackled him into a hug.
"Hey girl." Adryan said.
"Who's he?" I asked.
"My boyfriend." He said.
Adryan boyfriend was Asian. He had teal hair and wore a black beanie.
"I knew it! Nice to meet you!" I said.
"Nice to meet you, the one and only Adelaide!" He said. "My names Evan."
"Nice meeting you Evan." I said.
Runas parents and siblings walked on stage. Runa started crying and hugged them.
Then Ace's family. A girl around eighteen held a baby. Two kids, around fourteen, stood next to them. Then there was his father. A blonde pale man with electric blue eyes, like Ace's.
"Veronica!" Ace grinned as he hugged the older girl holding the baby.
"Hey Ace." She grinned. She had tan skin, not very deep, but not very light. Her hair was long blonde and curly, and her eyes were deep brown.
The baby in Veronicas arms made a noise, and Ace took her into his own arms.
"She missed you Ace, she kept looking around for you." Veronica said.
"I missed you to Lilly." Ace said. "Where's mom?"
"About that." One of the other siblings started.
"She's-." The other one began.
"Dead. She died three days ago." Their dad said.