Eh, I only get kicked in the face on Sundays anyways

We walked for a little while.
Ace wandered off multiple times, and I was next to Runa.
"What happens if we don't find her?" Grecia asked.
"Chances are, we will, but if we don't, that means she's dead." I said.
"Don't you start." Grecia grumbled.
"Sorry." I grinned.
"Runa, have you seen anyone?" I asked.
"No, but I was with Taylor until she died." Runa said.
"Oh." I nodded.
Up ahead, there were many trees. Perfect places for people to hide, and then shoot us dead. I managed to make it this far, so why was I thinking this now? I didn't know.
"Hey Adelaide?" Grecia said.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"What's that?" She squeaked.
I turned to where she was looking.
"That would be something you should probably run from. Grecia, run." I said.
I shoved her and Runa into the bushes and I watched the creature slowly turn from my direction, to another direction. I was confused, if it saw me, why didn't it come kill me? I decided to just let it be, maybe it was harmless.
I walked into the bushes to Grecia and Runa.
"It's gone, it left." I said to Grecia.
"But-" She started.
"Grecia, it's gone." I repeated.
"Yeah, but, where's Ace?" She asked.
As if on cue, there was a high pitched scream, clearly belonging to Ace, because he was the only boy on the entire island who's voice could be that loud.
I looked at Grecia "Found him." I said, as I ran towards the scream.
"Adelaide! Adelaide, that's not a good idea!" Grecia called after me.
"Exactly why I'm doing it Grecia, you stay there." I called back.
"Adelaide!" She called again.
I ran into the tree's, Ace was on the ground, the creature looking over him.
"Adelaide." He said "Get out of here, now." He said.
I shook my head no and unsheathed my gun.
"ADELAIDE!" He yelled, which set off the creature, it slashed at his face, leaving a good deep long cut.
He motioned for me to go, but I didn't want to. The creature began to raise its hand, or is it a paw? I didn't know, but Ace stood up, which only angered it even more.
"Ace, stop being dumb, get down." I said, aiming my gun.
The creature roared and kicked Ace back, which must've been hard, because Ace passed out on impact.
I muttered something and the creature turned towards me.
"Adelaide!" I heard Grecia call.
I ignored it and ran towards the creature, my gun towards its head.
It kicked me back, but not hard, so I managed to get back up, I shot at it's head, almost killing it immediately. It struggled for a minute, but then it just stopped.
I ran over to Ace. I checked his pulse. He was still alive.
I sighed in relief and turned to Grecia, who kicked me in the head, hard enough so I'd pass out, but just before I did, I head three new voices, Lazari, Adney, and Sky.