I love when people run into fires, especially if youre sure theyll die

Days later I woke to screaming, my skin felt hot and I smelled smoke.
I sat up quickly, after the past few days, which seemed to be about fifteen days, I was used to Ace moving towards me in the middle of the night and curling up against me, I didn't mind, I thought it was cute, but this time I woke to heat and smoke, and Ace wasn't next to me. He stood outside yelling something, I was well aware of a large fire next to me, it rose as high as the roof of this hut. I stood up and ran out.
"What's going on?" I asked Ace.
"I don't- it started just like five minutes ago, the fire, everyone else I told to run, I need to find Runa, and you were dead asleep I couldn't wake you."
"How is there fire on snow?"
"That's not a question for now, there's a fire, and Runa's missing."
I hesitated "We're leaving, if Runa isn't out there with the others, I can look."
"But-"
"I need you alive, come on."
I took his hand and lead him out.
"Where is Runa?!" Grecia yelled.
She wasn't there. She was still in the fire.
I began to walk towards the path we took, but Ace grabbed my arm "Adelaide."
"Yeah?"
"I'll go."
"Why would you do that?"
"If I die, it won't matter."
I turned to him "It won't matter to who?"
"Anyone, I'm nothing special, Adelaide I can find her I promise."
"You're special to me." I said.
"But not to anyone else, everyone with us right now cares about you, they all want you alive, they don't care if I'm alive or not."
"Yeah, but I care, and I'm sure Grecia and everyone else here could say the same."
"I'd rather be dead than be known as the person who screws up all the time."
"When I was half dead you didn't screw up trying to save me."
"I did screw up."
"How?"
"I killed that animal, killing it only angered a bunch of others, and then I had to just guard you and try not to get killed."
"Yeah but that doesn't mean you screwed up."
"Yes it does."
"No it doesn't."
"Runa's probably dead in the fire right now, let me go find her."
"I-" I wasn't just going to let him go just like that, not after all he had told me, I felt like I needed to be there for him.
"I'm going."
"Not yet." I said.
"What do you. . ." He started.
I leaned forward and cupped my hand around his face.
"Adelaide..."
I placed my lips on his, I wasn't letting him go without doing that. I heard the sound of a camera in the back, but I wasn't going to stop.
I pulled away and put my hand on his chest "Don't do this."