Great going Ace

Well.
Great going Ace.
You've managed to burn down an entire hotel.
Honestly, I wouldn't say it's his fault, he was helping someone in the lobby with the fireplace and a flaming log rolled out and set the carpet on fire which managed to burn down the entire hotel.
Great going Ace.
Well at least no ones dead, we managed to get everyone out. I swear if we have to pay for this we'll be broke. Or, in the negatives, because we don't have money. All together, we'd probably have about four hundred dollars. I have like thirty, the only people with money are Ciara and Grecia. They don't have money, that's just their parents.
I wondered if we would have to pay for this. I seriously hope we won't.
No we probably won't.
Great going Ace.
"It's not really my fault." Ace murmured.
"We know." I stated.
"I mean, someone should've had some sort of liquid to put it out nearby, not my fault everting there is so flammable."
"We know." Grecia said.
"And the guy should've been more careful around fire, he didn't even notice when the log rolled out."
"Ace, I swear, we know, you didn't do anything." Jaxson said.
Watching the flames tear down the building, I thought of the flames that could've taken Runa and Ace's lives. They could've taken any or all of our lives. But they didn't. They didn't take Jaxson's, Runa's, Ace's, Irima's, Sky's, Ciara's, Grecia's, Lazari's, or mine. We got lucky. Twice now.
I picked at my fingernails. I did it when I was stressed or nervous. Right now I was a mixture of both.
A tall blonde male in his thirty's walked up to us.
"I know there's a serious building burning behind us, but tonight you guys will need to go back on a stage."
"Again?" I asked him.
"Yeah, again."
"Whatever." Grecia grumbled.
The man gave her a sarcastic grin and took us to a new hotel. This one has no fire place in its lobby.
This one wasn't "reserved" for people who had just almost died, this one was a hotel with people swarming in the lobby.
We pushed our way through the crowd and the man who said his name was Ian told us we would have to do it two to a room.
We got to choose who we were in a room with. I chose Ace. Wow. Big surprise. We were lead up to our rooms. They were bigger than the last ones we had. We got all our stuff, which was barely anything, all safe and tucked away and went back into the lobby. The entire place was packed. There were little kids and adults. Older people and young ones. So many people stood there. The hotel was not the big so I wasn't so sure that everyone might be able to get a room. Good thing ours were free. I have no clue why but they were. There was a vending machine there. I was thirsty, what a coincidence. I put a few cons in and got a root beer.
Adryan and Evan decided to go home after the fire, so now the group was a lot smaller.
"So." I said.
"I can't hear you." Grecia shouted.
"So!" I yelled.
"So what?"
"What do we want to do?" I replied.
"We could check out the pool area." She decided.
That was a good idea. I haven't been in water in so long and it was hot in California.
We went back up to our rooms and changed into swimming clothes. I got mine on and walked out of the bathroom to Ace sitting on the bed and looking at a shirt.
"What's wrong?"  I asked him.
"Well, I haven't had the surgery so not wearing a shirt wouldn't be to appropriate."
"So just wear a shirt." I said.
"That's what I'm trying to do,  it I don't know if I might need this one for something later or not."
"Show me the shirt." I said.
He showed it to me.
"It's a nice shirt, if you want to wear it, go ahead."
"But it's from my mom, it's the shirt I wore the day we were getting chosen."
"Ah." I pursed my lips.
"I don't know if wearing it's a good idea or not."
"I'd go with another one, or just the one you have on, so you don't ruin the shirt from your mom."
"Yeah that's what I was thinking."
I ran through the door out to the hallway, there were little kids and adults all over the place. I grabbed Ace by the hand and squeezed through the crowd and to Lazari and Grecia's room.
"Holy crap there's a lot of people." I panted.
"Oh no, really?!" Grecia said sarcastically.
We met the others. Again, squeezing through a crowd, we made it to the pool deck. It was packed. The pool had three inches of space left and the chairs were all taken.
"Why the help are so many people here?" Ace murmured.
"Dunno." I shrugged.
A few minutes later, we found an empty hot tub. We sat down and started to talk. We talked about things with our school life. Stuff that had nothing to do with our parents, nothing to do with the Bloodshed, it was just stuff about school, our friends. For the first time since the separation, I felt like a normal teenager.