Chapter 42

The door with the screen suddenly opened.

And I was blinded by the bright intensity of the huge screen against the wall in front of me which displayed a map of the entire underground city.

In front of the screen there was large circular table with a holagram of my family and I in the middle.

To the right there was a long hallway with portraits against the walls of the legend of Radiates including me.

Between each portrait there were doors leading up to different rooms.
I checked one room and it looked like there were study rooms.

I wonder if any other legend of Radiate is still alive other than me. Otherwise I'll have to be managing this entire city by myself.

At the end of the hallway there was a curved staircase leading downstairs.

On the side walls of the staircase there was a beautiful glass galaxy screen leading all the way down the stairs.

Once I reached down there was another hallway with five doors probably leading to different bedrooms but then I also realized I was standing on a balcony. And when I looked against the railings. There was a cafeteria more like a huge dinning room with one large rectangular table in the middle of the room.

And on one side of the wall there was a kitchen with a long marble island. With stools that were hidden under the island.

On the other side of the room I'm guessing the two doors were leading to the bathrooms.

I went back to the entrance and as I passed the huge screen and board room table there was a curved hallway with white plain walls and 4 bedroom doors but sooner or later I was standing in front of a two doored bedroom I assumed but when I opened the doors it looked like I stepped into a penthouse.

From the modern large sitting room to the white cabinetry in the kitchen opposite each other but both against a galaxy wall like the one in the hallway.

Going to the left there were two opposite bedrooms both big enough to fit a bathroom in each.

Then there was master bedroom still being on the left which was probably meant for my parents.

And to my right there was a door leading to my bedroom, I assumed because there was a small sign on the door written, 'Rachel Johnson'.

I opened the room and instantly fell in love with the room, from the littlest things no one would care about. The walls were white and there was a cute vanity makeup desk right next to the door. And the beautiful side table next the queen sized bed, which I jumped right on.

It was so comfortable.

There was a light pink blanket and white duvet plus some grey fluffy pillows.

Next to the bed there was a door leading to the bathroom which had both a bath tub and a shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I headed out of the room I wondered how was this even possible, never in my life did I imagine to ever live in such a gorgeous place like this, and for my  family to trust me enough to care for all of it.

Suddenly I had never felt more confident than ever before knowing that all the generations of the legends of Radiates built this place to the best of their abilities and the last thing I wanted to to do is waste it all like it was for nothing, especially now with mom and dad both gone that was going to be my priority for future generations after me.