Chapter 18

Austin looked back towards me as I was getting  off Dustin's back.

"Don't get tired too quickly," he said smirking.

"You should have warned us we were gonna walk for 30 minutes straight." I said.

"Didn't say it was gonna be easy," he said with his hands up in the air while smiling which made me smile back at him.

Then Dustin nudged me smiling, and I then looked at the rest of our group and spotted them looking at us too which made me realise that Austin and I had been staring at each other for a few seconds.

"Don't blame me, he, has, blue eyes and I love uh like blue eyes," I said to them

"Sureee," Jake said giggling a little along with the rest of our group.

Talk about embarrassing, but at least it was only our group unlike If it was everyone here.

"So, everyone just to be clear we're going to be going down a tunnel, it's one that we built around here so you won't have to be getting your shoes dirty," Austin said

"But everyone has to do something first before going through, it's a new thing here even the oldies don't know about it, don't worry you won't die this is just the first test of the day." one of the officers said

"We're first going to be giving you a vaccine, don't ask questions, your all just going to line up and jump down here," the officer said pointing toward the opening at the bottom.

"What are you going to do, will you tell him your allergic or something." Jake whispered to me.

"No, I can't,"

"Be careful Rachel, just don't mind the sting," he said

I nodded at him assuringly but deep down I was losing my mind, just clam down a Rachel once you get it immediately jump  so that no one can see your a Radiate I said to myself.

I was the 5th in the line Amelia was in front of me and Jake was behind me.

"Next,"

Austin was the one who was vaccining people.

As he was about to do it he quickly whispered in my ear making it unnoticeable, " Just calm down, pretend you don't feel it, once your at the bottom hide behind a corner I'll come and help you."

I nodded

I got up on the step and as I got it, I jumped IN HORRIFIC Pain It was that bad that I didn't even have the time or energy to realize I just jumped off a building.

Once I got down I hid behind a corner and sat down with my hand on my neck. A second later....

" I'm here, drink this it helps," Austin said

I drank it, it wasn't too bad it took me a few seconds to slowly open my eyes and be meet Austin's eyes looking into mine with a worried look.

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah thank you," I said giving him a hug.

His warmth made me feel so much calmer and not to mention his amazing deodorant spray smelt amazing but I quickly got out of my thoughts when Jake and Emma came rushing to us and kneeling down next to me.

"OH my gosh, you okay," Emma said pulling me radiply into a hug.

"Yeah," I said hugging back

" Thanks for looking out for her man," Jake said giving Austin a bro hand shake .

"It's the least I can do , but we gotta figure something out because I can't risk to keep coming, the others will become suspicious of her."

"Yeah," Jake answered with them both looking at me with worrried faces like they were planning something.

I honestly didn't know if they had even the tiniest bit, found out I was Radiate, but from what Jake said earlier about it possibly being an ellergic reaction was good enough for now for no one finding out.

Its not that I don't trust them it's that anyone especially the officers might just start interrogating them putting them in danger if they knew, so it was better not for anyone to know because once someone knows they are in danger too.

Tommy found out about me. He once came back from school one day from learning about Radiats and he confronted me about it. If he wasn't my sibling he probably wouldn't have known but because he was my sibling he always knew if I was lying or hiding something, it can be really annoying at times.

"Come on let's go," Emma said standing up.

We stood in a line as we arrived in the front and waited for the officers to come.

"Hey, you okay, I saw you hide behind the cornor with Officer Austin, I wasn't sure what was going on but I thought perhaps I shouldn't intrude," Amelia said winking to me.

"Oh um nothing happened,"

"Sure, because I do remember seeing you guys a bit touchy touchy,," she said smiling.

"Amelia it was nothing," I said trying to hide my blush.

"Don't worry i won't say anything," she said laughing.

Amelia was a really nice girl, but she tends to notice a lot of things, but at least she cared enough to check up on me if I was okay.

What made matters even more embarrassing is that I saw Austin pass beside me and as he passed he had a smirk on his face hiding his smile, great he probably saw me blushing.

It's not that I have a crazy crush on him, I mean I can't I just met the dude, there's just something about him thats different and I can't get it out of my head.