Chapter 29

My friends and I  left the apartment early before the officers came to check our room.

...

We went to start training and tonight was going to be our final testing before we leave the military compound.

My friends and I were trying to come up with a plan to escape, although apart of me wanted to see what was the military's plan all along.
Why the world got destroyed in the first place? Why have they been in a rush? Why were we brought here? And what happened to my parents?

But most importantly , Why are they so scared of Radiats?

~~~~~~~~

We spent half of the day training and now we were seated in the meeting room to see who passed training to be able to start testing.

" Here are your scores," the officer shouted.

"wooooooo!" People cheered for themselves.

I had a breath of relief to see that I passed , because I sure didn't want to be left out there all alone.

"Guys we all passed," Jake cheered

"Oh my, I literally don't know what I was going to do without you girls."Emma said squeezing Gloria, Amelia and I in a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We finished testing and I hope Austin's help came in handy.

As we were heading out of the testing rooms. I had never been more frightened almost confused as I saw Officer Blade or shall I say My Uncle  about to pass us. I turned my head to the side but it wasn't enough because him and the officers stopped in front of my friends and I for some reason.

I think he saw me, I thought. I then pulled Tommy more closer to me because I knew he knew that it was our uncle too.

He just slowly came towards me and he didnt move his eyes away from mine.

Everyone just stared at his movements, curious of what was going to happen next.

" Rachel Johnson, and uh Tommy, it's been a long time hasn't it, your dad surely would have been proud." He said

"Don't get them out of your sight, if they escape they can ruin our plan." I heard him mumble to the officer next to him.

"What happened to my parents?" I asked

"Oh so you don't ask how've you been my favorite uncle in the world." he said

"Well you would have been called that if you showed that you cared, you never came to visit, we needed you the most during that time but you just left, with him, and when we expect him to come back we find him gone but you aren't, so don't you think I would ask myself, Was his death caused by his own brother?" I said and every one looked frightened by my words.

" Why do you think I brought you here!" he said

" But I'm sorry honey I've just had a lot to work on the past few years." he said with no sincerety to what I just said.

"DON'T YOU EVER, CALL ME THAT EVER AGAIN," I shouted.

"Come on Tommy let's go, we have more important things to do," I said loud enough for him to hear.

"You have the potential, although, you'll never get the opportunity to show case it as long as I'm here," He shouted making me look back with glaring eyes.

He turned around and left leaving me clueless of what he just he just meant.

That sure was a great way to reunite after years of seeing each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tommy and I  arrived to our room, but all the way here I couldn't stop thinking what my Uncle said.

'Why do you think I brought you here'

And

'You have the potential, although you'll have the opportunity to show case it as long as I'm here'

"Are you okay, and don't know what's gotten into him," Gloria came rushing in with the rest of my friends behind her.

Gloria and Emma went through it all with me, they were there before and after he left and have been by my side.

"It's going to be okay guys," Emma comforted me and Tommy

"Amelia," Austin called

Amelia went out the room with him but we couldn't help over hearing that it was about Christina.

She came back inside but before she could explain to us the girls and I went to give her a hug.

The guys also joined in on the hug with Amelia crying on my shoulder.

"We're here for you Amelia," Chris said.

"She was a Radiate, she failed her test, so they were able to find out." Austin said after we disconnected from the hug.

"What's annoying is that they never even allowed Amelia to see her one last time." Chris said annoyed.

"She was - my - best f - riend." Lilly said weeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We spent some time in the room comforting each other about Christina.

I felt horrible as if it was all my fault because I wasn't sure she was a Radiate although I suspected it and I didn't bother helping helping her.

I have to promise myself that I have to put an end to all of this, finding out about their hatred for us Radiats.

She was just a child, a young child who had lots to accomplish in her life. This will Never happen ever again to anyone else on my watch, and that's a promise I'm making to myself.

The only way I can accomplish that is to go, go with the military, find out what's going on and stop them. I just hope that's the best solution to everything.

Running away from my problems isn't going to benefit me or anyone else because I became a Radiate for a reason, and the only way to find out why, is to go.