Chapter 26

We all got in line, I made sure to be close to Austin.

"Austin, what will I do, I can't do it," I whispered to him, almost about to cry.

"Don't worry, remember what I taught you, you got this,"

"What about you, they said they're also going to test the officers,"

"Well I guess we're in this together then. You got this Rachel. Don't overthink it," he said before he left with the rest of the officers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got separated into different groups, and went to different parts of the building.

We stood in a line facing the door to our different testing rooms.

The door then opened and I was meet with a man in a nurse outfit inside.

"Have a seat, you must be Rachel, I'm Dr. Glover."

"Hello," I said nervously sitting down.

"Average time for this test will be more than 10 minutes and less than 20 minutes for a pass, Good luck," he said before I was now passed out.

I opened my eyes and it looked like I was in the middle of nowhere.

Suddenly I heard someone come furiously almost like he was about to kill me. And I was right because he came and punched the living daylight out of me.

I hit back, not too hard though so that I couldn't make it obvious. More people appeared making me run as fast as I could. I reached the forest and tried to go back out of the forest because I realised I had no idea where I was but the field was gone.

I started hearing whispers like they were right by my ears, I got so annoyed and frustrated that I sat down, cupping my knees to my chest.

I slowly opened my eyes and meet another challenge.

The test was about 11 minutes total. I kept count to make sure I wasn't going to fast.

"You can open your eyes now," the officer said.

"Your very capable to be in the military," he said

"Thankyou,"

"But I'm afraid you might be too capable,"

"Uh what do you mean?"

"How did you hear the sounds?" he asked

"Um it was very clear, I don't think I get what your trying to say," I said trying to hide my lies.

I didn't realize that it must have been purposely very quiet to non-Radiats.

"Okay then that's fine, we'll just leave it here," he said

"Did I pass?"

"Well you went through the correct timing, so yes, but you might have less of a chance going through the finals,"

"Don't stress about it, you'll be continuing training tonight so go get dressed and head to the tunnel. Everyone has been given the same instruction."

"Okay, uh thankyou," I said and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at my room and saw Tommy, Lilly and lucus there.

"Hey, why are you guys here? Are you done with your tests?"

"No, they said we will go later while you guys are training." Lilly said

"Oh okay, Lilly can I ask you something?" I asked

"Um okay," She said making space for me to sit.

"Do you know who officer Blade is and if so where he is?"

"Uh yeah I think, I heard my uncle talking about him once, I didn't tell Austin about yet either."

"Wait, are you talking about uncle Blade?" Tommy asked.

"You still remember him Tommy!" I said facing him

"Yeah, I think, dad always went on trips with him so I guess I am forced to remember who dad was going with all the time."

"He's your uncle," Lilly said amazed.

"Yeah why?"

"I heard them say, he was governing some place,"

"Place! I wonder where that could be," Lucus said.