Chapter 43 - The truth

I expected to leave out of the underground city through the sewage tunnel again but I the realized there was a staircase leading upstairs.

Which is very unusual because this place is suppose to underground and  as far as I knew, there wasn't an upper level from where I was currently at.

I stop my intense thinking and curiously went up the stairs that were by the huge screen.

The stair case curved up behind the screen and at that point I was standing in front of the door similar to the one that I was claustrophobic in and with the hi-tech security screen scanner.

I touched the door expecting it to scan me like it did before and it did exactly that.

I expected the second door to not open and that I'd have to do the same thing but it opened without me doing anything. I guess it only does that when your giong out and not coming in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out onto the stairs and was met with the same security guards I was avoiding that were standing at the tunnel.

That's when I realized that the tunnel they were standing at was the entrance to the underground city.

"Wait, please don't send me back to that building," I said in defence but instead they looked at me with utter shook in a still position.

I then saw then saw the entire city of people doing the exact same thing.

Wasn't the streets empty when I escaped, now suddenly they were filled with people just staring at me.

And now they did the thing I didnt except the most.

The started clapping.

"Um, can someone please tell me what's going on?" I raised my voice in confusion.

"Rachel!" I heard Gloria shout out as she came running towards me.

"Oh thank goodness your okay." She came to hug me.

"Whats going on guys why are they all clapping." I asked

"When you escaped a video was broadcasted on every electronic device in the city." Jake said

"It was a video your dad made for you." Emma said.

"You all saw that!?" I exclaimed and everyone proceeded to nod.

"But what happened to him, he should have been telling that to me in person. It's like he knew he was danger, in the letters he wrote he always said that he wished he could tell them to me personally."

"I-I think I know," Jordan said coming towards me.

"Dad and I were planning to come here after he picked me up from the boarding school," Jordan started.

"Dad!!!" Austin said shocked.

" Babe this isn't the time, continue" I said gesturing for Jordan to continue.

"And I guess Blake didn't know he had a son, because he never did anything to me."

"Wait, what do you mean?"I said

"He came to the place we were staying at with dad because at the time he was helping us build the city."

"You knew about the city this whole time!" I said.

"What city?" Tommy asked.

"The underground city. But I guess he was jealous, that we were making this entire city for Radiates when he wasn't one. So while he came to our place dad said in should hide behind the counter and when I did, they started talking for a bit and then, and then he injected dad with something in his neck and then he suddenly fell to the floor. Next thing I knew he dragged dad away. And he never came back. " Jordan finished with tears in eyes.

" Oh my goodness! " Genevieve said

" Just like they did to Christina, "Amelia said

" Wait, so uncle Blade killed, Dad "Tommy said while trying to get the words out because he was crying so much.

"How did you servive?" I asked Jordan while holding Tommy in my arms to comfort him.

"Mom found out and came to get me. But then I had to leave once we found out Blade was coming often she didn't want to risk my life because if Blake found out I was in the room when he killed dad he would have killed me too, so that he can't be traced for murder, so mom also couldn't say anything because he'd hurt her too, so I had to keep it a secret therefore Mom took me back to boarding school when I started highschool, and I never stated with you and mom ever again. "

"How did you end up at the military compound?" Austin asked

"They were training the boys at my boarding school for military because they needed more soldiers."

"I'm really sorry, I couldn't say anything," Jordan said and I went to give him a hug and cried in his arms while he cried in mine.

"It's okay, I definitely understand where your coming from, being a Radiate and all, I couldn't tell my best friends either." I said and then I felt Tommy join in the hug.

"Can we join, cause we also just heard some serous stuff too," Genevieve said

Eventually all of us were in a group hug in the middle of the street at 2:00 in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~