Chapter 21

"Okay let's get serous now," the officer said as he came in with all the other
officers.

We spent 30 minutes learning Archery and it wasn't that bad, mainly because I didn't miss even once.

"Okay team well done," the officer said eyeing me suspiciously, "Now your going to move to the boxing ring, against the 2nd team"

"The boxing ring," Christina said almost on the merge of tears.

"Don't worry I'm sure they won't say you have to do it."

I was terrifed for not only Christina but for myself too, I had never fought anyone before.

The Boys probably would find this easy because they always got in trouble at school for it.

It is as good as saying the Emma, Gloria and I were as weak as a feather, but I guess we're yet to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently they wanted everyone to come and watch, I felt bad for whoever was gonna be in the boxing ring and stared at by everyone.

"Rachel and Jake,"

My eyes suddenly widened. I guess I was going to be the one embarrassed.

But I had to fight with Jake, my best friend.

I thought I heard wrong, until they called my name again, even Jake had not stood up yet.

Can I just say how unfair this was because I had literally no experience, they didn't even train us to fight yet.

I slowly went in the boxing with Jake behind, we gave each other a hesitant look and he mouthed to me ' I can't '.

I felt so bad, because it had to be me, if it wasn't, Jake could have proven himself ( because he actually is good at this kind of stuff ) it just could have been anyone else but he was scared to do it because he didn't want to hurt me.

"Would you guys hurry up," the officer shouted.

"Look officer, there's gotta be some sort of misunderstanding here, I can't fight here, she means everything to me," Jake said

"Dude there no time for this, start fighting, we have professional medical doctors if anything happens, now do what you are told to do other wise they'll be problems between us," the scary officer said.

Jake turned towards me, and I said it's okay to him but he mouthed back, just hit me. And I said no back to him because that's when I realized that I could see through slow motion because I'm a Radiate.

'Trust me, Dont go easy on me, I promise it's okay'. I whispered to him before he suddenly brought his fist towards me but I dodged it and hit in his stomach instead.

He then smiled and me and said ' okay I trust you' and I smiled back to him.

I brought fist to his face and  he tried punching me too but I dodged it and tucked my leg under his foot to which he tripped and fell down on the mat .

I could not believe what I had just done.

"Oh no I killed him. I killed him," I bursted out not trying to cry.

"I'm fine," Jake said until he pushed me towards the ground just about to punch me until I kicked him back.

"Times. Up," the officer shouted, "Now that wasn't so bad was it,"

I looked towards Tommy at the back of the room, he looked purely shocked to which he whispered very softly because he knew I would hear it , 'You blew your cover,' I then looked confused by his phrase.

I looked at the officers with their eyes wide open eying me suspiciously, only for me to realize what Tommy actually meant....

I HAD DONE A HUGE MISTAKE