8

"I'll be with you until forever falls apart, and then all that's left is us, and forever will never have mattered. Because we can get by on our own." She said, her sweet noir eyes looking deep into his glazed over crimson ones, her skin pale yet so so blood ridden. He was shaking, and he didn't know why. Maybe it was because he knew that his forever was her, and forever was about to fall apart.

********

The astronomical sound of the audience was so loud that Hanako thought that her ears were going to bleed, yet she somehow still loved it. She was puffing and panting and her cheeks were flushed from it, her chest ached slightly, but it wasn't a bad ache, an ache she relished for. So was seeing her 'rival' with a rather foul look on his face. And then there was Midoriya.

Hanako had never really talked to the boy, yet, he and Bakugo had history, that much was obvious. She knew that he was rather shy within the first week of school, though had proved to be coming out of his shell a little more. And then there was his quirk; which was a whole different can of worms. It was a strength type quirk that was an emitter (which was unusual), but he had no control over the ability, and every time he used it, he broke a bone.

That's why Hanako was interested in his quirk, not really his character. She knew his character, nice boy, and yet his quirk was still a mystery to her. So she'll watch him. Though for now she needed to keep an eye out for Bakugo because-

"I swear on god that I will beat you, and what you just did, was a fluke." The boy huffed, the right side of his upper lip twitching in annoyance. Hanako audibly laughed out, the ache in her chest returning for just a moment.

"I don't doubt that, Bakugo. But what I did was a result of your grudge against both Icy boy and Midoriya." Hanako smiled, not acting as though she just revealed his 'weaknesses'.

Bakugo snarled in a way a dog would, his nose scrunching in what looked to be disgust. A slight ache in her chest occurred again, but it was more in her heart. She knew that it wasn't from exercise, so what was it? 

"You're like a dog." Hanako mumbled to herself, her lips upturned and she brushed her oak coloured hair out of her slightly rosy face.

"What did you say?!" Bakugo gasped in offence, Hanako laughing. The girl knew that the boy was more expecting Hanako to insult him in a way that wasn't that, but that simply isn't who Hanako is. Hanako would much rather tease someone in a way that wasn't self-depreciating to either party; at least not much. Insults to others who hadn't really wronged simply didn't sit right with Hanako, so jokes and laughter was what she wanted. But in Bakugo's case, to see him getting ticked off about something so simple, that replaced any laughter he would produce.

"Nothing! I-" Her giggle stopped her mid-sentence"-I just....." She trailed off, her mouth in a happy pout, she didn't know if her weak defence would work, but she didn't really care as she found it funny the way his nose would twitch as it was scrunched, he looked like a rabbit.

"You just what? Hah?! You need to keep-" Bakugo's rant was cut short as most of the competitors entered the arena, and Midnight took it upon herself to announce the next event.

"The first game of the first years is finally over and what a game it was! Only the top forty-two will advance to the next round, but don't be too let down if you make the cut. We've got other opportunities for you to shine, now the real fun is about to begin, this is the challenge to fully move yourself into the limelight. Do your best!" Midnight said, as the next game was being chosen. The game chosen was a cavalry battle, Midnight announced the rules and point values. "The point value for the person in first is ten million!"