34

There was a deathly silence in the common room, most with their mouths agape or their eyes widened in shock. Only those who rescued Hanako and Katsuki knew of what Hanako was talking about; nothing else being released to the public.

Only Kirishima, Shinso, Iida, Midoriya, Iida, Yaoyorozu, and Katsuki knew about Hanako's 'death', and only Katsuki and Shinso (plus Yamada and Aizawa) knew of the rest of summer's antics. And boy were everyone else about to find out.

"What?" Mina breathed out, her mouth slightly agape.

"Oh, no one knew? Well, I died for like ten minutes or something because two bastards who think they own the world were upset and shot me." Hanako huffed out, barely restraining her anger at this point. She wasn't angry at the class per se, she was angry at them. They had ruined everything for her, and she didn't even know it until she was told. She could have lived her ruins of a life without even knowing that it was decaying. 

"That's a bit toned down, Spidey. They've been after you your whole life." Katsuki added, leant against a wall looking down at his hands which he was flexing as though he were using his quirk.

It was the first time he'd spoken to her since the little squabble they had.

"Maybe it was a bit toned down, they killed me because they finally realised that after fifteen years I was useless to them, even though they've known for eleven. Like, I don't understand why they would try to kidnap me again if they know it's not going to work again." She said it so freely, but there was a hint of sarcasm and jokey-ness. 

It was in no way a joke.

That's just how she coped with her problems, joking about them. She was furious, she wanted to get her point across, she wanted people to know so that they could do something, anything. But... how do you do that? You don't just go and tell them everything!

(You know you're not allowed to tell anyone, Hanako.)

So subtle hints will work.

"What the fuck do you mean, 'again'?" Katsuki asked, his and many others having their eyebrows furrowed in superstition.

"You really think that that's the first time I've been kidnapped? For God's sake, I played out on the street for twelve hours a day, everyday, growing up." Hanako replied nonchalantly, her thoughts fully contrasting her tone of voice.

She could feel her anger bubbling in her gut, her desperation for someone to catch on to the story. 

(And yet, even if she was desperate, she didn't know why. She could keep the story private and live with her fucked up life alone, no one needed to know because the problem was solved. So, why?)

Murmurs followed, all of the same yet so different "What the fuck..." "That's crazy...." "How is she okay?" "What?"

"What the fuck, Spidey?!" Katsuki exclaimed, slamming his hands down on the kitchen island. Hanako jumped slightly looking towards him.

"What do you fucking mean, 'what the fuck'? Are you trying to tell me that everyone wasn't kidnapped when they were a child?!" Hanako retorted, her hands waving in motions that were wild and uncalculated. Her breathing sped up, and her heart rate increased. She was scared.

Not of her parents. But of her classmates' replies. Because God knows that if she's wrong, well..... the ticking stops and the cracking ceases, the fog gets thicker and the flood gates open. Her mind is twisted past it's understanding and her reality crumbles, because it's not just about the kidnappings, no, it's about everything that's ever happened to her; anything negative.