20

A child's personality, a child's face is all created based on something. It's influenced by a major factor. The parents, the guardians. A child is a reflection of the parents. Some would look at another and go 'oh their parents must have raised them badly' or 'I pity their parents.' They don't consider asking why they turned out a certain way, and when they do, they get it wrong. They think that a child is a copy of a parent, that they'll follow in the path of them.

 That's where they're wrong. Because sometimes the child turns out exactly like the parent, the same mannerisms, same voice, same looks, but they are undeniably different.

Hanako may look somewhat like her parents, and her mannerisms may be somewhat the same, such as how Hanako only really knows how to deal with a problem with violence; it was how she was raised. 

And only recently has Hanako thought about how alike her and her father look. She was a carbon copy of him, except she was female. The only part of her mother that Hanako had in her was the modification of her quirk.

Hanako's father's quirk was tarantula, and he could produce venom that could kill an average human along with the rest of Hanako's abilities. Though, her mother's quirk was the ability to heal. This caused the venom part of Hanako's quirk to not exist, the healing part cancelling it out.

It was why she was considered such a failure.

She couldn't be their weapon, so her parents made themselves the perfect weapon. This 'weapon' would be one that was soon to be tested against the person they deemed worthless. 

Only time will tell if the villains win or the heroes win.

********

Hanako hadn't quite been on board with the idea of going to the school pool as a class activity, but then she realised the true possibilities of what could happen, and all of a sudden, she was on board.

Much like when the class went to the mall, Hanako spent the time before outside with her friends; almost getting heatstroke at that. Hanako really should've been looking to get a job throughout all of this, but a part of her told her not to, and that it wasn't her responsibility. But it was her responsibility, it had been for at least three years now. Though now, she'd been having so much fun and free time! 

Don't even get me started on the sleep she got.

So maybe she'd just try and sneak under the radar, and while she's at it, she might just live a little.

She arrived at the pool at school and changed into the school swimming costume before terrorizing the girl's volleyball game by jumping into the pool and dragging the ball underneath the water.

She still hadn't returned from acting like she did with her neighbourhood friends, that being rough. Hanako did not care that her hair was soaking wet whatsoever, but it seemed like most of the other girls had taken a conscious effort to avoid that.

"Yamikumo! You finally arrived, what took you so long?" Uraraka asked as Hanako brushed her hair out of her face.

"I just got caught up with some friends and got a bit distracted, sorry." Hanako laughed as she joined in the game. It had been so long since Hanako had gone swimming, it wasn't a thing she could really do in the summer; unless you count finding random lakes and jumping in them.

Hanako wasn't really a volleyball person, she was more of a soccer person, but compromising was something she'd learnt to do a lot in her life.

The longer the girls played the more Hanako laughed at the pain in the boys' faces as they trained. Hanako had to laugh at whoever decided that training was a good idea. It was also rather interesting to see Bakugo's anger levels rise with every given minute.