18

She and the neighbourhood kids had more in common than they would ever come to know. That being their home lives. None of them knew, but Hanako's was by far the worst out of all of them. Yet, all of them had this internal connecting of knowing not to ask to go to each other's houses because they knew that it would lead to a shit show.

People's home lives could range from anything like a slightly sour relationship with a constant tension, to Hanako's case. Hence why it was off limits to talk about most anything that went on at home unless absolutely necessary. 

What this all led to was a lot of undiagnosed mental issues and self-depreciating humour. 

Oh well.

This is the stem to their insults too, it's funny how things connect, isn't it?

Another thing that connects to this is fears. Fears stem from things that went unnoticed by others and things that aren't addressed. Or it could be from something that was so mentally scarring that it simply will always leave an implementation on how a person behaves; which could also link back to how if not addressed, the fear can become consuming.

Hanako's biggest fear was her life. It sounds stupid, she knows, but there's a lot more to it. She isn't scared to exist, that's not it. She was scared of the main part of her life, and things that could happen to them.

She was scared to lose those she'd become attached to. She was scared of her family, and what they could do, and sometimes, she was scared of herself, and how inappropriately she'd react in a situation.

So, in reality, it shouldn't be classed as one fear, because it's not, they're all separate, but to Hanako, they're all linked; if not the same.

This is why life could be viewed as a fault line in the earth,  we might drift apart, we might become closer, or a spark of love might be created and cause most everything we once thought we knew to shake and crumble. But what's left of that if everything that truly mattered, but what matters might not be what is wanted, but it's what is needed.

********

Hanako continued to study on the curb with her friends, though every morning, Bakugo seemed to take it upon himself to 'tutor' Hanako; which was actually just aggressive shouting that somehow got the message through.

After the week of constant physical and mental stress (the physical stress being playing soccer everyday for hours), the first written exams began. The written exams were due to take place over a three day time period, which only meant more and more studying in between. Hanako could assume that her written exam went well, her only occasionally not knowing the answer and therefore just making up some theory and writing it down.

Creativity is a genius, right?

During these three days, Hanako was late to work everyday, though instead of ten minutes, it branched out to fifteen minutes, she was really pushing her luck here. Of course she still studied on the curb with her friends and occasionally played soccer; her attention span wasn't that long.

Though that was the past now, seeing as the class of twenty students stood outside of the central plaza, aka the training centre all in their hero costumes. Though one thing that confused most was the abundance of staff. "Now then, lets begin the last test. Remember it's possible to fail this final, if you wanna go to camp then don't make any stupid mistakes. " Aizawa announced.

"Uhh, why are all the teachers here?" Jiro asked, most silently agreeing.

"I believe some of you have gathered information and have some idea of what you'll be facing today-." Aizawa began, though was cut off.