The Treasonous General 10

Gou Xiong did not know what he saw these days was all Yan Chu wanted them to see.

After all, people were selfish. What kind of friendship could you give unconditionally to others? Anyway, there were few fools like the Yan Family in the world.

Therefore, Yan Chu must let those who were loyal to him see hope and shake their determination.

When Gou Xiong stood up to speak for him, Yan Chu knew that the time was ripe.

Since he wanted to recapture those people, he could not refuse Chen Zhao's request for martial arts competition now.

Before this departure, he had asked people to inquire about all the named high-ranking military officers on the bridal procession, one of whom was Chen Zhao.

Speaking of which, he received no less favor from the Yan family than any other person. However, after Yan Chu's accident, the other party was also the first to stand up, showing his colors, and renunciation from him. Now the other family's master was Fu Cong. In a few months, from the beginning, the fourth-ranked Military Officer Andong became the third-ranked Military Officer Zhendong. It could even be said to be a soaring promotion[1], ah.

It should be known that the military officer promotion was not as casual as that of civil officers. Most of them were depended on by themselves. There was no war in recent months, yet Chen Zhao was able to fly two levels at once. It was Fu Cong who told others that following him was more promising than following Yan Chu.

Fortunately, most people were not so blinded by greed. They are also afraid that now Fu Cong could treat the Yan family, who once had favored him in such a vicious and merciless[2] way, and how he would treat them later. Although there was no evidence to show that the person who framed Yan Chu was related to him, who let him be the one who was the biggest beneficiary and did not doubt he was suspicious?

Chen Zhao, who could not wait to stand up at this time, only managed to make people feel that Fu Cong's character was not good, not worthy of trust.

Who believed that there were none of Fu Cong's instructions behind today's play?

"Okay, but my hands and feet haven't recovered, and swords have no eyes. We'll take care not to overdo it."

At this time, Yan Chu had changed into a light and convenient informal dress. His blue-gray satin robe let his body look tall and straight under the candle fire. His handsome facial features and resolute, amiable expression made everyone present feel his sophisticated bearing.

The young man in front of him was only 19 years old, but he had gone through a torment that no one could imagine, and in the face of deliberate provocation from his former subordinate, he did not flinch but chose to agree. What kind of demeanor was this?

Even if this competition had not started yet, in most people's minds, Chen Zhao had already lost.

"Princess?"

The little maid beside Zhou Mingli looked at her Her Highness princess, who suddenly stopped chatting, and asked in doubt, did the other side just recently let her go down and said that the noise outside was deafening, let those people dispersed? How could she hold her now?

"Don't bother. The officers and soldiers are tired after constantly on the move for several days running, so just let them relax a bit."