The Treasonous General 12

"Your Majesty, General Yan, it's General Yan."

This time, Fu Cong came back with such outstanding military service. In addition to Princess Mingzhu waiting outside the city gate, Emperor Zhou and his two princes had already sent someone to guard outside the city gate. After the other party entered the city, they immediately went into the palace to report.

The banquet was also ready, all the cabinet ministers who called sitting in the Hall of Supreme Harmony. Everyone was beaming with joy. That was Ming. Their Great Zhou unexpectedly conquered most of Ming. Now the other side was huddled in a tiny land. It estimated that in a short time, this Ming would thoroughly disappear from the long river of history.

How long had it been? More than half a year ago, they were still lamenting for the ten cities because of Yan Chu's fault. Now General Fu had taken back the cities ceded to the other side. He was indeed a young hero and a blessing to Great Zhou, ah.

However, this smile did not last long. Suddenly, the little eunuch came in and stopped the greetings and whispers in the palace. All the people, including Emperor Zhou, Empress Zhou, and the two princes, looked at him with inexplicable eyes. What General Yan? Wasn't Yan Chu still in Yan Residence?

"The army's leader returned, it's not the emperor's son-in-law, but General Yan."

The little eunuch realized that he had not explained it, so he quickly calmed down the ups and downs of the tone and recounted. The original quiet Hall of Supreme Harmony abruptly exploded.

"How could it be?"

The crown prince was the first one who did not believe and stood up, "Yan Chu surely is still staying in Yan Residence, and he's a disabled man with broken tendons. It's already a gift from heaven that he can walk normally. How could he run to the border station? The emperor's son-in-law, where is the emperor's son-in-law now?"

His face was a little ugly. He was the one who ordered people to abolish Yan Chu, but he did it perfectly well[1] in that matter. Besides, the man he bought was also dead. Yan Chu should not know that he did it.

Terrified, he was afraid before that matter passed, Yan Chu hated them all. This time, he could run quietly to the border, and none of the letters sent back revealed this. He feared the army was basically under Yan Chu's control now.

That Fu Cong was indeed a waste. Thanks to his younger sister, he trusted him. As a result, he returned the military power to Yan Chu's hand silently. Wouldn't that mean heaven wanted his Great Zhou to be gone?

The crown prince of Zhou had a burst of sweating on his forehead. However, he made a prompt decision and immediately turned to cup his hands in obeisance to Emperor Zhou.

"Emperor Father, while Yan Chu hasn't yet entered the Imperial City, quickly dispatched the Imperial Guards to arrest all of the Yan family's womenfolk. I'm afraid that Yan Chu is going to rebel."

"How is it possible? Yan Chu, that child is loyal and devoted, why does he want to rebel against my Great Zhou?"

At first, Emperor Zhou was surprised by why Yan Chu suddenly appeared in the army that won the victory over the state. Then he heard his son's bold conjecture. He replied without thinking about it, but he found out that he was not so confident when he said this.