The Devil of the Entertainment Circle (11.3)

At the mention of Yun Xiangyi, Lin Shiheng's expression softened a little.

"Okay, write an IOU and state the time of return, and I'll transfer the money to your account."

(TNote: For non-native English speakers reading here: an IOU is a signed document acknowledging a debt (more personal, non-'formal business' related dealings.) I.O.U. representing the pronunciation of I owe you.) 

Father Yun froze.

"Write an IOU?"

Lin Shiheng's brows frowned more and more. "Uncle, although I believe in your character. 800,000 is not a small sum after all."

"And I can assure you that I will destroy the IOU or give it to you as soon as you pay it back."

Father Yun didn't even think about paying it back.

How can someone who can buy some sports car worth tens of millions and give it away, care about 800,000 yuan?

In his hypothesis, as soon as he asked to borrow money, Lin Shiheng would immediately agree to it and would say that he didn't need to pay it back.

This sounds shameless, but these days, he watched Lin Shiheng buy this today and buy that the next day. How can such a rich person care about 800,000 yuan?

He looked around again, confirmed that no one was there, and finally said thoroughly, "Shiheng, can I not write an IOU, you are so rich, do you still care about the 800,000 yuan?"

On screen, Lin Shiheng's face went blank for a few seconds, he was obviously shocked by this remark.

The barrage sent by the audience are all that was left.

[Really shameless!]

[I can see that, Xiangyi's father is the best at it, right?]

[The purpose of writing an IOU is to urge the other party to pay back the money. If you don't write an IOU, you want to borrow it and not pay it back?!]

There was an angry look on Lin Shiheng's face, but he seemed to be concerned about the elder status of Father Yun, trying to keep calm.

"Uncle, I know that Xiangyi was adopted by you, but at least she called your Father. You are borrowing money from me like this and refused to write an IOU. I really can't believe that you have any feelings for her. I'm sorry. Although I'm Xiangyi's boyfriend, I also know the law. I won't lend it if you won't write an IOU."

Father Yun's face altered from green and white. "Can I write an IOU and ask Xiangyi to pay back the money?"

[This is no father, it's a vampire!]

[I understand. An adopted daughter is not a daughter. Didn't you hear that he borrowed money to get his youngest daughter to go abroad? The youngest daughter is biological, isn't she?]

Lin Shiheng's expression was no longer angry, but furious.

Father Yun didn't notice his look, thinking about the news that Lin Shiheng was trying to please his adopted daughter these days, still saying, "well, you've been proposing online, and Xiangyi hasn't said yes, right? You lend me the money, and I'll ask her to marry you, all right?"

"No!"

Lin Shiheng grabbed the gold glasses he used to pretend to be gentle and threw them on the ground, his handsome face brimming with anger. "Are you selling your daughter? No matter how much I like Xiangyi, she will never be forced to say yes to me."

"Don't think that I don't know anything, you ignore her when you had your own daughter. She was locked up by you in a mental hospital for ten years. She only remembers you foolishly. That's why I didn't care. I respect her. That's why I respect you, not because the useless father you are, okay?"