The Poor Childhood Sweetheart's Counter Attack (19)

During the winter break of their sophomore year, Xu Zifan and Ji Yaru went home for New Year's Eve and met a very pale Yan Yuxin and Li Xudong at the airport.

Yan Yuxin stopped, looked at Xu Zifan with complicated eyes. Just when she wanted to say something, she saw Xu Zifan walking away holding Ji Yaru's hand. He just walked past her as if he didn't know her. She reluctantly took a step forward, and Li Xudong, who was beside her, grabbed her, "Yuxin, what are you doing? We've come back for business, so don't cause trouble."

Yan Yuxin's face sank. She threw away his hand and strode away. Li Xudong showed his displeasure, but he quickly covered it up and pushed his luggage to catch up. As soon as they got outside, they saw Father Ji and Mother Ji warmly hugging Xu Zifan, and Ji Yaru's mother pulling Ji Yaru into the back seat. Xu Zifan put the luggage into the passenger seat, and Father Ji soon drove the car away. It was a Mercedes Benz, new this year, Yan Yuxin just heard about it from a friend a few days ago. It cost more than 2.6 million yuan!

Although this car was several grades worse than the car in the Yan family's garage, it was unbelievable that the Ji family could afford it. Did the Ji family make so much money in the past two years? Their car had been changed from one worth hundreds of thousands to more than two million. How is that possible? If the Ji couple had this level of success, why were they willing to be ordinary for the past decade or so? Why... let her live that ordinary life?!

Yan Yuxin's expression twisted a bit. But what's even worse was the way the Ji family doted on Ji Yaru, while she was too scared to tell her parents that she was in a hurry to get back to China. Of course, no one picked her up. Such a comparison made her unacceptable.

The Li family sent a car to pick up Li Xudong. Li Xudong told her to get in the car and comforted her: "Let's go home and see what's going on first, if we can't, we won't leave the country. After all that little one is only a baby, just please your parents and pull their hearts back."

Yan Yuxin gripped her purse tightly and frowned as she got into the car. The Yan couple prepared to conceive for a long time, and then carefully kept the baby without saying anything to the public, until a while ago when they gave birth to a son. The circle only knew that the Yan family had added a young male son, and the Li family quickly informed Li Xudong, and Yan Yuxin heard the news from Li Xudong. In a couple of days, it would be Yan Xiaozi's full moon banquet. She heard that it was grander than Ji Yaru 18'th birthday. Yan Yuxin couldn't believe it and booked a flight home, full of fear for the future.

She looked out of the car in a daze, would her parents still care about her as a daughter if they had a satisfying son who had been raised since childhood? She suddenly remembered what Father Yan had told her before she left the country. He told her to study hard and then go to the company to learn how to manage the company, and later told her not to regret it. Is that the last chance Father Yan gave her?

She gave up, so Father Yan and Mother Yan also gave up on her and decided to give birth to a son. She had thought the Yan family would be all hers, yet now she might not even be able to match Ji Yaru, well at least the entire Ji family was Ji Yaru's.

Yan Yuxin didn't know what she was going to do when she came back. In fact, she couldn't do anything.  Father and Mother Yan didn't care about her at all. And after seeing how much she rejected her brother's birth instead of being a little happy about it, they became even more dissatisfied with her. Even if other people's families have siblings fighting for family property, at least they appear to be brothers and sisters in front of their parents. But in the end, Yan Yuxin couldn't even pretend to love a baby. They have no patience to care about her any more.

The full moon banquet came as scheduled.  The Ji family, being new to the business circle and having Ji Yaru on their side, is of course on the list of invitees. Father Xu is now the mayor of another city. He came back for two days to visit the provincial party committee secretary during the New Year. The Yan family couldn't not invite the provincial party committee secretary and naturally invited him, a popular figure in front of the provincial party committee secretary. So, both attended the party.