𝟒|𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

I couldn't believe what i was seeing, i felt the wind knocked out of me

I couldn't believe what i was seeing, i felt the wind knocked out of me. Is this how someone would look if they'd seen a ghost?

"Liam?"

There he stood, much taller than the last time i remember him. His hair seems shorter, the brown locs that used to fall over his forehead was long gone. He looked bigger too, his chest struggling to be seen through the fabric of his shirt. Or maybe he just looks bigger because of his leather jacket, that could be it. I don't think i can mentally handle the presence of a jacked up Liam.

I scrunched my eyebrows at the person before me. He looked vastly different to the man i knew just a year ago, he seemed mature.

"Happy birthday Antheia" He smiled, rushing over to sweep me up into a hug. His arms snaked through my waist, gently lifting me off the ground as he rested his face on my neck. "Oh my god it's you, you're back!" I exclaimed, still completely shocked at the presence of my best friend whom i believed i wouldn't see for a really long time.

I tightened my arms around his neck, doubting my own senses as if this was all in my head and i was severely hallucinating.

Liam gently placed me back on my feet, releasing me but still holding onto both my palms. "I tried to make it in time for your birthday but my flight got delayed, i'm just a day late" his familiar ocean blue eyes were searching for mine. His warm smile i missed so dearly was finally right in front of me. This couldn't have been a more perfect time for him to arrive, i'm starting to think he has some sixth sense about me.

"Forget that, i can't believe you're fucking here we all missed you" I beamed, feeling his warm hands squeeze mine.

"I missed you too"

The all too known pitter patter of paws surrounded the room, furious and demanding meows echoed through the book shelves trying to get their dearly missed owner's attention. They say cats don't ever forget, now they seem to not give a shit about me at all. Guess i was just a damn replacement to these cats until he got back.

"I got you something" he presented a box in between us, his eyes bouncing back from the box to me. "Liam no, please you really didn't have to"

"Just open it"

I feel like i'm having deja vu, this entire interaction feels far too familiar to me it's sending my heart in waves.

Gently opening the box i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. A rusty antique like key, the size of my pinky finger was placed neatly in the middle of the red cushioned box.

"You're now the owner of Goodman's"

I felt my knees weak as i took a step back in disbelief. "What the fuck? I- i can't own this place? it's yours... what- the fuck Liam"

His warm smile hasn't faltered to leave his lips, if anything he seemed proud of himself as he stood there confidently, watching me stutter like a god damn mess.