𝟐𝟐|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

Leaving the manor felt like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulder, i had to spend every waking moment i was alone, in fear

Am i exaggerating a bit? maybe, a little bit. But also not, because i'm pretty sure the one time i was taking my luggage downstairs, i saw a silhouette of sorts, move within the hall. It's surprising i didn't pass out.

Everyone was beyond hung over and sluggishly moving their bodies, barely uttering a word as if they're all on 1% battery saver.

"Oooo i'm so sorry about last night" James pleaded, having heard about the monstrosity he committed by the bench the night before, if Edward wasn't the most hungover, he would be taking the piss out on this, very much pun intended.

"You're giving me more reasons to hate you" Adam huffed at the embarrassed man, who was cowering away from me, "fair enough" he replied sheepishly, his arms up in surrender.

i sighed in relief as we drove out of the driveway from the manor, i leaned my head against the window, watching the building fade away into the distance. oh thank god.

"You know, James was telling me, someone was murdered in that place in like the 70s" Adam casually spoke, his eyes on the road, one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding onto mine, resting on his lap.

"WHAT?" I yanked away from the window, my face scrunched in confusion, "Well- it is an old place"

"we were at a place where SOMEONE WAS KILLED?"

Adam chuckled, his grip on my hand tighten, "Theia, someone probably died in the castle too, and our apartment too most definitely"

"AAAH STOP- okay just drive? please?" what is up with people consistently trying to scare me these days? i have been attacked left and right the past two days.

the drive back from the manor was shorter than it was to get there, all vacations are like that. The drive to the trip is long, keeping you all excited, but the drive back? swift and depressing. Except this time, i was kinda glad to be back home.

unlocking the door to head inside our place, the warm sensation of familiarity engulfed me, immediately comforting.

And it's good to be back home with him.

Abruptly breaking me from my relaxed state, my phone started to ring. Always puts me in a state of anxiety when it starts ringing so loudly, it feels like an apocalyptic alarm almost.

"Hello?" my voice was mellow and defeated, already annoyed and yearning to click the end button.

"Hi this is Sophie, calling from Tamlin, are you free to chat?" A cheery voice eagerly spoke on the end, sending jolts down my spine i immediately sat up from the couch, my knees weaken and my heart pounding from my chest. Adam looked up at me from the counter, who was busily pulling at a bag of chips like a fucking rat, brows furrowed and he nosily watched my reaction.