𝟑𝟖|𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇

I haven't heard from him all week, and this is the longest i've gone without any contact from him

I haven't heard from him all week, and this is the longest i've gone without any contact from him. And the longest i've gone without feeling any sort of happiness. I've grown accustomed to the pit in my stomach, I wake up in the empty bed and it's the first thing i feel. Of course i cried myself to sleep for a few days, his smell was everywhere. Especially on his side of the bed, i couldn't take it anymore that i sprayed air freshner all over his things until it burned through my nose just so i won't feel him anymore.

Adam's gone so far as to send a guy to pick up his stuff while i was at work since he has the other key. Coming home to find his side of the closet empty felt like i was punched in the gut, all there was - was a note on the counter, stating his stuff's been taken.

Thankfully, i've been at work all week, so the emptiness in my heart wasn't so shallow. I purposely stayed back past working hours, hounding for things to do so i didn't have to go back. And with how much i've been trying to distract myself, i barely got to see the Kings, let alone head to the Aster building.

"M-maybe he was toxic for me, this-this whole relationship was toxic" i spoke through chewing on my bagel, having finally met the girls on my lunch break, Edyth definitely got sick of seeing my face in the office every second of the day, she demanded that i get out for an hour and 'take a breather'. I know she sensed something, she's sharp like that.

"God you're so stupid, how did you land a job? or a degree?" whinged rhiannon, sipping on her coffee. Of course i refused to meet in the Kings room, which both the girls' understood, so here we are in a cafe across the street from Tamlin. "What?"

Shaking her head aggressively, she slammed her prada glasses on the table, eyeing me intently, "So you two fought and suddenly it's toxic?"

I looked around the cafe, slumping my head down, i sighed deeply. I've been confused and a mess all week, it's a surprise my puffy eyes finally went down, it started to grow on me a bit.

"Rhiannon we broke up like twice - every time something happened we just end things" Exhaling deeply, i took a large bite from my bagel, willing away the lump in my throat. Not today bitch, i am not crying today, like ew gross.

"If you two are toxic then Edward and i are the epitome of it" Her coffin shaped black painted nails were clicking atop the table, sounds of cars driving by filling the air. "The happiest you two have ever been - were with each other, and yeah couples fight it's not always rainbows and butterflies, that's unrealistic"

"Then- then why-"

"It's not that simple honey" Erika's sweet melodic voice comforted me, the warm aroma of her tea lingering around my nose. "It's been killing him to apart from you, we've seen it all week"

"THEN WHY THE FUCK ARE WE OVER?" frustration overcoming me, i internally groaned.

The two girls sighed, sharing a look before turning to face me, "He's doing it for you" Rhiannon's voice was stern, as if she was delivering a national secret. Both girl's staring at me with intent, the surroundings blurred, all outside noise fade in the distance. "I never fucking asked-"