𝟓|𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

"Adam"

"Adam"

I was caught off guard at his intimidating presence in front of me, both his hands were arrogantly against the door frame, the expression on his face indicating his patience has run dry.

Does he not know how to wear a damn shirt?

At first i thought he was purposely trying to show off his defined chest with half of his buttons popping open on his buttoned shirts, but having lived with him i've come to realize he's clumsy, lazy to put on his shirt correctly and also do not give a damn to wear it right.

The silver necklace draped over his neck glistened under the bright ceiling light in the hallway, his chocolate brown eyes demanding an answer from me.

"Were you expecting someone?" His cold voice sent chills down my spine. I almost don't recognize this demeanor of his, or maybe i do.

This was the Adam i first met. The man that scared me for the first half upon joining them. The man in front of me is not my boyfriend but the head of the Kings.

"What are you doing here?" my voice breaking but fighting to sound demanding, to overpower his cold and intimidating stature.

"No Antheia, what the fuck are you doing here?"

Releasing his grip on the the doorframe, he stormed in. Having absolutely no regards for my protests. He drove his hand through his hair, looking around the apartment before finally meeting my confused gaze.

So much for heading to Goodman's to avoid him coming over.

"Enough of this Antheia, come home. It's just one fight, talk to me" He commanded.

Nothing has changed has it? I gritted my teeth at his words. The absolute audacity to come in here and demand things from me as i was just another person under him. We've been through this, several times in the past. The very fucking reason why it was hard for me to even allow our relationship to happen. And yet there he is, pushing us 10 steps back.

"Don't come in here and tell me what to do, i told you it's over" This is going to be another argument. Just like last night, widening the pit in my stomach, i felt as if my heart stopped beating altogether. Tears pooling in my eyes i quickly wiped them away. He's not gonna see me cry, not today demon.

His expression softened, striding towards me.

Wanting to avoid him further i broke our contact, taking thought out steps towards the glass pane in the living room with the view of the city docklands, making sure he's at a greater distance.

"I can't live without you" He wearily spoke, his demanding tone has subsided to a more defeated one. His duplicity within seconds feels like a roller coaster i can't seem to get off of. I turned to face him, his confident gaze on me.

"You've been doing fine all this time, you're never home. How can we do this Adam?"

"You have to understand i'm trying my best" he pushes, "I try everyday to be there with you, you think i don't want that?" His voice cracks at the end of his appeal. I shut my eyes, feeling the growing heartache rapidly pounding inside my chest, yearning for his presence at the gist of it all.