𝟐𝟕|𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

"She's in his office again? doesn't that bother you?" Rhi called out as she walked through the door to the Kings, her stilettos clicking on the hardwood floor rhythmically"

well sure yeah, it's a little concerning, she's been seeing him in his office all week, both buildings. But after the conversation we had when he came back, it kind of cemented my faith in us completely.

Antheia Gray? Trusting? Hell must have frozen up.

"She's in my fucking building but won't see me, i'm telling you, she's bad news" plopping down on the couch, Erika pat her head, as a way of calming her.

With Edward gone off for work, which is a rare occurrence in itself, and I have no idea where Liam is, it's just us three in the room. Which is quite peaceful without having to listen to the guys talk. "It's fine, i'll be seeing him soon enough" I affirmed, am i comforting myself or Rhiannon here?

"Have you heard? Miss Rachel Yoo is hosting a party this Thursday, to get to know her future partners better'" rhi mocked, rolling her eyes.

well that's interesting. "Does this mean i have-"

"Yes you're going, you are not leaving me there alone" she demanded from across the room, whatever she says goes.

To calm herself from a supposed hectic day, rhiannon "accidentally" found herself opening a bottle of wine, "It's 1" Erika protested, pinching her nose to defend herself from the strong waft of the red wine coming from the glass.

"sometimes i need to not be in my senses, so sue me" taking a big gulp from her glass, she kicked off her shoes. Her head leaning against the back of the couch, the three of us dumped our problems on each other.

Lying across the beanbag, and the two girls sitting on the couch, it's as if we were each other's therapists. But all three of us dysfunctional and volatile. The blind leading the blind.

Realizing that it was time to meet Adam, i made my way to his office, my heart pounding in my chest when i was certain there was no need to feel nervous.

I mean surely, it's my body being dramatic, and besides, i'm quite literally over it. After having dealt with Jenna a year ago, i don't have it in me to worry about another woman, i literally have my own problems eating away at my head, this one, is up to Adam to deal with.

As i got closer to this office door, i could hear incoherent mumbling coming from the other side, which is a relief in itself.

Finding a level of might to push through the door, i could see Adam seated on his chair, his face perk up as he saw me enter, "H-oh shit, i missed the time?" completely disregarding the woman seated across him, he immediately stood up, grabbing his things, "It's fine" i affirmed, feeling a sense of displaced awkwardness wash over me.

"Adam i don't think we're done" her voice was sharp and demanding, not as much as Rhiannon's but close enough, handing a file over to him, attempting to capture his attention.