𝟏𝟖| 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐔𝐌 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐑

"HEY WAIT UP" I yelled, hopping on the sidewalk, catching every other strangers attention

"A-Antheia?" Her copper toned red hair swayed as she briskly turned to meet my calls, her eyes widened as she watched me stumble towards her.

"W-what are you doing?" Her thick accent questioned me, tilting her head to understand my actions. "are you free right now?" I asked, a toothy grin adorning my face.

"I guess, I umm, I was heading to IGV museum" she pursed her lips, attempting to hide her confused expression.

"Mind if I join you?" I can understand her being confused with my sudden barging in, but i couldn't help but feel awful at the turn of events, and seeing her all alone in a city she's not familiar with.

She nodded her head with glee in response, allowing me to lead the way as she tucked her phone back into her tote bag. I remember it took me about 8 times on the GPS to actually memorize the way to that museum.

It's where I always went when I first moved to the city, I get all dressed up and no where to go, the museum was it. I don't know damn about contemporary art but the one thing about that place is that you don't feel time go by. You walk in, and you walk out like 4 hours later, you don't even realize. No really, that place must be a portal.

It was a little awkward at first, i don't know where the sudden burst of confidence came at me, she and I both struggled to break the silence as we entered the museum. We both mindfully walked next to each other, taking in the paintings and the sculptures. But what the fuck do I say?

"I heard you're leaving tonight?" I softly asked, finding the two of us studying a painting depicting 1800s Morocco.

"Yeah... I should go anyway" she sounded meek, her fingers gripping tightly onto her tote bag.

Colorful histories

The theme for this weekend in the museum, ranging from dresses from medieval Europe to even... Asia? Which, I don't even know if it even belongs to them to have it on their museum but here we are. The highlight of this weekends theme however, were the paintings depicting figures from different parts of the world, decades ago. Oh how I would've loved to just be at home learning piano and to sow while men went off to war and died, yes I know It's not that simple but let the girl dream.

"You should, or you had to go?" Antheia strikes again with her assumed smart ass comment.

She shot at me, her eyes seemingly drooping from what I assumed a night of crying? Are those puffy eyes? She let out a deep sigh, a forced smile appearing on her face. "Does he know you're with me right now?" She questioned me this time, her gaze looking up at me. Hollis is perhaps an inch or two shorter than I am, which I've come to realize as we both continued to walk along side each other inside the museum.  How cute.

"Who Liam? No... but does it matter?" We keep bouncing off questions at each other like a game show.

A doubtful expression formed on her face, as she chewed on her bottom lip, "I-I don't know, I don't think he'd like that-"