𝟑𝟗|𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌

Letting out an exasperated sigh, I shuffled in the passenger seat, Liam's eyes peeled on the road

Letting out an exasperated sigh, I shuffled in the passenger seat, Liam's eyes peeled on the road. It was Edward's house party today, he was hosting one to celebrate his taking over of Alexander Motors, officially a busy man.

Internally i was a wreck, getting cold feet since the minute i woke up. i dreaded going to the party, i spent hours trying to figure out an excuse to bail. I sprained my ankle? stomach bug? plenty excuses, but i know the gang can call bullshit from a mile away, besides i even promised Edward i'd be there, and i'd be a shitty friend for not showing up on a day that means alot to him.

"what are you thinking about?" His tone was kind, catching my attention, i turned to look at him. Hair gelled back and a buttoned black shirt, he looked nice tonight. "Mmm nothing"

i don't think i have it in me to get into it again, i'd rather not revisit my emotions over and over again. I've done that all week and all it ever did was hammer me down to the same spot i was at the start, distraught and missing him.

"Hey, why didn't you bring Sofia?"

Pushing the spotlight on him, i studied his shifting gaze. Refusing to take his eyes on the road, i noticed him biting his bottom lip, pretending as if he didn't hear me.

Narrowing my eyes, i didn't break my stare. I know you heard me you sneaky little shit.

"i just don't wanna involve her yet, i think it's too soon" his reply was fast, trying to brush away the topic altogether.

"You two are literally dating. Like officially dating - W- you think we're gonna embarrass you or something?" huffing, i stared him down.

My god, the audacity.

He chuckled, finally turning to face me, his ocean blues glisten, giving me his signature warm smile.

A friday night, meaning the roads were bustling with other cars. Busy streets and plenty people walking by. A friday would normally excite you, it's the start of the weekend, so much to do. But all i feel is the emptiness within me wear me down. How long is this gonna go? How long is he gonna keep this up? Are we on some trial period until he declares it OVER over? when am i gonna have to find my own place and move out? Who gets custody of the lava lamp?

Millions of questions flood my mind again, putting me on a helpless state of unease, "Well with Edward? yeah. But that's not it" he sighed, taking one hand off the steering wheel to rest on his lap, "It's just- it's casual Antheia, nothing more"

well

Maybe i am old school, and embarrassingly so, i can't imagine having something casual with anyone, obviously because i'll fall in love in 0.5 seconds. This one time i fantasized for over a month about this one guy who held the elevator door open for me on my first day in uni. Yeah casual flings would destroy me.

But i also want to see all my friends in wholesome relationships which i am currently and despairingly lacking, it would be nice to see Liam having a girlfriend. But whatever makes him happy i guess, even though i don't understand it, "Okay..yeah" i nodded, unsure of what else to say.