𝟐𝟗|𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄

Adam sensed something was bothering me, my head leaning against the window, we were quiet the whole ride back to our place

Adam sensed something was bothering me, my head leaning against the window, we were quiet the whole ride back to our place. I was incapacitated since that one sided conversation with Rachel.

He tried his best to get it out of me, "Babe what's wrong?" Wondering time and time again, stealing looks from the driver's seat. His arms gripped tightly over the steering wheel, he felt hopeless.

"Nothing" i whispered, feeling damaged and shallow on the inside.

Usually, and i mean all my life, i was able to stand up for myself, I'd say something back, even if it was stupid and unrelated, or I'd just cuss at them. I never stood back. But this time, she caught me right where i was vulnerable, digging right into me. It was racking my brain, it was taking everything in me to not explode into a crying mess in the car.

A lot of things are on the line if i told Adam, and i really, really fucking wanted to. But I didn't want to mess with any potential deals he got going on, "To understand what he's doing, build with him" her words rang in my head like painful alarms.

I couldn't bring myself to utter a word to him, and i hate that I'm distancing myself right now, but it's as if i was in a daze, and I couldn't bring myself out of it.

"Tell me what's wrong, please" he breathed, placing soft kisses down my neck as i stood in front of the dresser to unzip my dress, his hand wrapping over my stomach, pulling me onto him, and the other helping to unzip, the warmth of his bare upper body, raising the hair on my skin.

"It's n-nothing I'm just tired" I gave him a fake smile, breaking free from him before rushing to the shower, staying buried under the hot water in the tub, refusing to come out, hoping it'll wash away all my problems and pain, but all i did was become a crying mess.

Why did it affect me this bad? This is embarrassing.

It's aching my heart when her words flood inside my head, I couldn't help but believe she was right. That's why it hurt the way it did. Part of, or maybe everything she said, it's true.

I sort of avoided him the whole night, jumping on to the bed to pretend to fall asleep quicker, i could tell he was sensing something, "I know you, i know when something's wrong" he whispered against my ear, his comforting arm snaking over my waist, pulling me into him, "just know I'm here, you can tell me anything, please" he pleaded, desperately trying to break through to understand my emotions.

There's nothing more i want than to tell him, to tell everybody, but how? When he's the root of it all?

Maybe i was tired after all, or just that my body refused to get back to reality, that i actually slept through Adam going to work. I woke up to a profusely vibrating phone, fluttering my eyes, i was met with a bright glaring screen and consistent texts from the girls, ranging from asking me where I'm at to demanding that i get to the King's room