𝟏𝟕|𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐏 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄

I hung around the King's room waiting for everyone to arrive, I'm usually never the first to arrive and been the only one here, it's actually serene and beautiful

The girls had some of their work to get to, and Adam was getting off for like 30 minutes before he has to head back to work so i found myself in the King's room specifically waiting for him. I couldn't help but smile to myself realizing he did in fact keep his word ever since we got back together. Not everyday of course, which would be harder for him to do, but i see him trying and I couldn't feel more grateful and even lucky. I should do something nice for him, but there's nothing i can ever do thats gonna be on the same standard as him.

I exhaled deeply as i plopped down on a beanbag chair, grabbing a book from one of the bookshelves.

Although i can't meet their level of gift giving or doing anything over the top, i know i could give Adam something personalized, or even do something for him.

Head?

I seriously need to internally shut the fuck up sometimes.

scanning the hardcover on the book i was holding on to, i was entranced.  The cover consisted of Greek gods and goddesses with what i assume to be atop of clouds, having like a meeting or something. Huh, seems fitting.

Going through the pages filled with stories about the gods, this felt the perfect way to waste time. Not like i had anything planned anyway, all i ever do is wait for Tamlin to call. Do i have to spellcast and light some candles? Maybe, maybe i will do that.

"You're here" a soft familiar voice called out for me, making me break away from my attention on the book, i waved at him in response. A pastel blue cable knit sweater and his short brown locks swept back, he had large warm smile over his face, walking directly over to me as he plopped down on the beanbag next to me.

"Watcha reading?" He peered over my shoulder like an annoying four year old asking for games on my phone. "Dionysus" he huffed, a familiar smile appearing on his lips. His eyes searched for mine, and with how intently he was staring, i could feel his stare on my peripheral, prompting me to break my attention from studying the paintings across the pages to Liam.

"You know...he has a better love story than Hades and Persephone" he suggested, nodding his head in assurance. Well that peaked my interest, everyone in the King's know I'm a Hades stan, well sort of. Not the grandpa version of hades you see on those realistic paintings but the soft beefy emo boy hiding away with three headed dog version. "Really?" I titled my head, my eyes widened as I listened to him intently

"When Theseus made Ariadne believe he loved her and left her behind on his ship, Dionysus found her on the beach the morning after she wore herself from crying"  I shuffled atop of the beanbag so he's directly facing me.

"He instantly fell in love seeing her, told her 'why give a shit about a mortal looser when you can be my wife?" I chuckled at his animated narration, he was clearly very into the story telling.