Hanging Out

The early birds make sounds such indicating that it's the morning. George's window, slightly open, let's in a small breeze. As he's still sleeping, he gets cold and bundles himself into his covers.

George opens his eyes just a little bit to see the faint bright sky from the sunrise. He looks at his phone. It is 6:56am. George's mother knocks quietly on the door. Seeing he is awake.

"Why did I wake up so early.." George spoke all groggy. "It's Sunday, and I don't have to work!"
"Who knows George." His mother spoke sillily looking at the half asleep brown haired boy. "Look, I have to head out to work. You know how it is, early hospital work as a nurse." She sighed. "I should be back later, maybe some time past 7:00pm. I love you."

George was half asleep listening to his mother. He still understood what she was saying though. She wishes she could spend time with him, but money has been short. George gets that. He respects that.

"Okay, no worries mum. Love you too." He showed a smile. "Oh mum, I forgot to tell you but I'm going to hang with my friend Dream later today."

"Dream I hear? Okay, sounds great honey, I'm glad you made some friends." She says with a smile. George smiles as he lies back down to sleep. His mother heads to work.

George lies in his bed with his eyes closed. In a matter of seconds he is staring at his ceiling. He talked to his mother for so long he cannot seem to fall asleep again. So, he decides to get up and get ready. By all means, he was going to meet Dream at 10:00am anyways, so why not get ready earlier.

George gets dressed and does his morning routine. He walks downstairs and makes some waffles. While his waffles are cooking, he grabs a glass and takes the orange juice from the fridge. He pours the orange juice into the glass and takes a sip, only to realize he had just brushed his teeth. "Ew omg I did not just do that."

He puts the orange juice back in the fridge. The toaster pops with the fully crisped waffles sticking from the top. George pulls them out. He grabs the syrup from the pantry, and the butter from the fridge. Buttering and adding syrup to his waffles, he then cuts them. George brings his breakfast over to the dining table and eats. He opens up his phone. The time reads 7:45am.

George decided to open up an app on his phone. The app consisted of a platform where people could make their own videos, however they wanted. George is scrolling through the videos and sees one video that particularly flashed green and blue LED lights in a room. Pausing the video, he thought to himself.

Huh. Those are both mine and Clay's favorite colors. Ha.
I'm excited to meet him today.

He smiled. He unpauses the video and continues it. The video consists of two lovers confessing their love to each other. George thought to himself again. Thinking, he wonders if this meant something. If that was meant to pop up on his feed. He reads the time again. It's 8:34am.

George had almost two hours to spare. He does not know what to do, so he decided to call his friend from his last school. They are still close, but haven't talked since George moved.

The phone rings, and rings, and rings. Finally a voice ended up on the other side. The voice spoke.

"Hello?" Said the person.

"Hey Purpled, it's George! I know we haven't talked in a while, so I thought we'd catch up." Spoke George.

"Yeah! How's the new school? I know moving sucks, since well, you move a lot, especially when you get comfortable." Said Purpled.

George let out a sigh. "Yeah dude, it's hard just getting comfortable then being told I'm moving again. Thanks for not ditching me like the others. I really appreciate it." George smiles, even thought Purpled could not see.