The News

Dream and George stare at each other for a moment. Both of them thought, what just happened. Is he okay with what just happened?

George and Dream, still looking at each other, look back down and up. Dream leans in to kiss George again. They kiss. The stars still sparking and the moonlight in the midnight sky still shines. They pull back once again, and begin to stare at the stars laying on their backs.

"Dream," George speaks, "are you... you okay with what just happened?" He asks. "Are you?" Dream smiled. "Uh." George was hesitant to confess everything he had bundled up inside him about Dream, but he knew this was the moment. He spoke again. "Well I mean... the first time I saw you, you immediately caught my eye. I did not know that I liked you at that point in time but I knew there was something there." He trails off.  "George. George... of course I am okay with what just happened. When I saw you stand up for Karl and when you told your story about comeback-ing to Technoblade, I just fell in love." Dream says as he turns to George. George turns to Dream. "I am okay with what just happened too." He smiled.

"Shall we get going?" Dream asks. "After all, it is getting pretty late."  "Oh c'mon.. can't we stay here for a little longer?" "George, we can't stay forever y'know." Dream stood up. "Fine. I guess you're right." George said as he stood up as well.

George and Dream pick up the blanket and shake it off. Dream packs up the rest of the cookies on the platter into the basket, as well as he blows out the candle putting it in. They stare at the dark sky one last time where the moon is shining a white light from onto the world. They walk to the car, and get in. Dream begins driving home.

"Thank you so much for that adventure Dream. It was amazing." "Anytime George." He says. "But, which part was your favorite? The sun setting, the race to the top, the stars?"

George thought very deep about this question. Was it a test? No, it's just a simple question. "Hmm I liked them all. Can't chose a favorite." He grins. "Fair point. Fair point."

The music is playing and they both sing along to the songs that come up. Dream finally arrives at George's house.

"Voila. Here we are!" Dream says. "Ah thank you sir! Shall you accept a tip?" George says sarcastically. "Yes yes." Dream says while hysterical. "Tips are greatly appreciated."  "Well okay then." He leans in and gives Dream one last kiss for the night. "There is your tip sir."

Dream blushes. "Why- why thank you." He smiled. "Well, this is where I depart. See ya tomorrow at school dude." George says as he leaves the Jeep and walks to his front door. "Bye." Dream says as he waits for George to get into his house.

George unlocks his front door and waves to Dream before walking inside. He waves back and drives away. George gets inside his house and locks in, assuming his mother is home. He checks his phone which is low on battery. It's 8:55pm. He was out for a long long time. George begins to walk upstairs when all the sudden he sees his mother in the kitchen. He walks to her.

"Mum... is that you?" George asks a little scared. His mother was kind of just standing there. Standing there with an apple in her hands. "Mum." George says worried. "MUM." he shouts.

His mother turns around out of her trance-like-state. "Oh hi George! How was your night out with your friend Dream?" She asks. George sighed. "It was really really nice." He looks at his mother. "We even kissed.." he says in a low voice.
"Awwh George!" She spoke excitedly. "I'm so happy for you! You must tell me how it went?!"
"Okay so he picked me up, he has a jeep by the way, and then we drove to the hillsides. The hillsides are my favorite so that was perfect. And then we at cookies and watched the sunset. Which the sunset turned into the moonlight and stars." George says all happily.

His mother looks at him. She sees his happiness. "Sounds like you had a great time." She says as she hugs him tight. George hugged her back.

"May I ask," George says. "Why were you staring off into the wall with an apple in your hand!""Oh." She says looking slightly down. Her smile was practically gone by now. "I'll save that for another day."  "Uh no mum, it's okay, you can tell me now." He looks at his mother. She sighs. "Okay." She prepares to tell George the news. "George.." she says, "I just got a call from a hospital up in Chicago.. they want me to work there."

George stared at his mother in disbelief. There was no way that just happened. "Mum, you're kidding right?" He asks all upset. "No honey.. they asked me, and I was hesitant at first but they told me I would get higher than minimum wage, higher than I have now. And that I could be a doctor, instead of a nurse. They really like my work." She says as he begins to look at the sad brown haired boy that stands in front of her.

George just stands there. He thought of numerous things to say, but ends up just saying okay. He walks upstairs and lies on his bed. He speaks to himself.

"I finally move to a new school, after moving from three already, and this is the news I get!!!?." He says angrily. "I EVEN MET SOMEONE I LOVE." He screamed, and his mother heard him.

She rushed upstairs. "Oh George... I didn't know you love him.." she says as she rushes to give him a big hug. "Yeah mum. Yeah." He says as tears pour down his face. "I really do love him."

"I love Dream."

______

WC: 1030

(Oooo bad news.. sorry to break it to y'all. Whelp yeah)