five

.

.

.

Eli sat beside Hitoshi in a chair outside the Principal's office. Aizawa and Hizashi were inside speaking with Principal Nezu now, just 20 minutes before school started. Neither of them said anything, mostly because Eli was now anxious all over again.

Hitoshi looked to see her hands shaking silently, with her head down as she tried to calm down. Over the course of a couple of hours, Hitoshi found himself strangely protective over her, and he eyed her hand as he remembered that in the first 3 months of being with his Dad's they would hold his hand to ease his anxiety.

With a shaky breath, he turned his head fully towards her.

"Hey," he called, making Eli's head snap up to look at him. He hesitantly offered his hand, and her eyes widened at the gesture before she smiled a bit.

"Thanks," she replied softly.

So, with a sigh of relief, she put his hand in his, and his shoulders sagged as he leaned back against the chair with a sigh. Both of her hands held one of his as they waited for Aizawa and Hizashi to come back.

Holding his hand did much to ease her anxiety, and she found her breathing regulating and her mind unwinding. He tapped her thumb twice every couple of seconds, a trick he learned from his therapist, spending their time quietly with Eli kicking her feet back and forth, calmly staring at the sage green converse on her feet.

A couple of minutes went by before the door opened, revealing Aizawa.

"You can come in now," Aizawa said, looking down at her, surprised to see her holding his son's hand.

A chill went down her back making her feathers twitch a bit, but she got up and waved kindly to Hitoshi as she walked into the office, only to see the same detective from before, Detective Tsukauchi.

"Ah, Flower-san, Aizawa-kun just finished explaining what happened. But, I would very much prefer to hear it from you if you will," Nezu said, still sporting that terrifying grin.

"Uhm... Recovery Girl told me that yesterday I passed out yesterday because I was stressed out because of the new environment, so she gave me a Tylenol for my head and back. I had assumed it was from how I landed, and the stress so before I went to bed I asked Mr.Aizawa for another Tylenol because my head and back started hurting again. When I woke up, the first thing I noticed were the nails, so I went to go tell Aizawa, and that's when I found out about my... other n-new features," she said her eyes darting around nervously, her eyes finding a small green rectangle on the floor, squinting to realize it was her phone.

Looking over at the Detective, Nezu waited for him to confirm, and when Tsukauchi looked over at him with a nod, his smile grew even larger.

"Well, as Aizawa has explained to me, I also presume that you've somehow manifested a Quirk," Nezu said simply as he drank from his fancy teacup.

"I... have a theory about your sudden appearance if you'd be willing to hear it," Nezu offered, making her eyes widen and her hands clasp together tightly against her chest as she nodded earnestly.

"Alright then, answer this. Flower-san, what year were you born, and what year do you think it is?" he asked as he drank his tea calmly before setting it on his desk in front of him.

He'd spent roughly a couple of hours pondering the possibility of time travel being involved, and he wanted to say it was a stretch because those with time travel Quirks were strikingly rare, but he couldn't deny the small possibility. 

An uneasy silence encompassed the room as they waited for her answer, and she raised an eyebrow as she looked at him.

"I was born in 2002, and it's 2021, right?" she asked, a look of genuine confusion covering her features.