nineteen

.

.

.

"None of this ever would have happened had you not punched him in the face," Hitoshi hissed as he helped Eli carry the unconscious blonde to Recovery Girl's office. He had his legs while Eli carried his upper body. 

"He snuck up on me! What if he was a murderer, I would've saved us," Eli retorted, Hitoshi only rolling his eyes as he shuffled backward. 

"Well he's not a murder Eli, far from it," Hitoshi huffed, stopping a bit to take a breath. 

Eli let him rest and wanted to ask if it would be easier for her to just carry him. She hadn't broken a sweat yet, and even though the boy was significantly bigger than her, she figured she could carry him. 

But she didn't ask him, something told her not to. 

Hitoshi was pretty proud, that much she picked up, but she hadn't said anything about it. She figured it wasn't her place really. 

"Yeah, well who the hell is this guy?" she asked as they continued on. 

"He's a 3rd year in the hero course, he's even a part of the Big 3," Hitoshi explained briefly, looking behind him to see if they were anywhere near the nurse yet. 

Eli peered down at the boy. His nose was bruised, which made her wince a bit at the sight of it. She'd apologize when he woke up, but for now, she'd just silently prayed she hadn't broken the poor boy's number. 

"Makes sense, this guy's fucking huge," Eli said adjusting her grip on him.

Even though he wasn't heavy, holding on to him was a pretty big feat. The guy was pretty wide around the chest area, and Eli didn't want to touch him anywhere so she was stuck with her arms uncomfortably hooked under the guy's pits. 

Plus she was pretty worried about accidentally stabbing him with her nails. 

"Finally," Hitoshi huffed, knocking on the door with his foot. 

The patter of small footsteps could be heard on the other side of the door, and eventually, the door slid open revealing the small nurse. She had a small, gentle smile on her face at first, but staring at Eli and Hitoshi lugging what she recognized as an unconscious Mirio Togata into her office the old woman immediately deadpanned. 

Hitoshi laughed nervously. 

"Recovery Girl, so funny story..." Hitoshi eased in hesitantly. 

"Guys?" they heard. 

Eli's head whipped around, her eyes instantly widening as she saw Hizashi and Shouta walking towards them. 

"Shit," she cursed quietly, only to hear the boy in their arms groan a bit in discomfort. 

Because of her own panicking, she didn't even notice Hizashi and Shouta standing in front of them with unreadable expressions as they stared at the image in front of them. 

Now it was Eli's turn to laugh nervously. 

"Alright so funny story," she eased, forcing an uncomfortable laugh. 

.

.

.

Eli was sitting on a nearby chair inside of Recovery Girls office, Hizashi patting her head as she tried to keep from fucking pouting. 

'I am grown, this is terrible,' her mind complained. 

Not that she didn't like the affection, but couldn't believe that she pouting over something like this.