twenty-nine

***please excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes ***

.

.

.

Standing before the new comfort room, Eli couldn't help but feel an enormous sense of pride.

She wiped her head of sweat using her arm, only to smear paint on herself making her sigh. She'd painted the classroom a cool green, light enough for the warm months yet dark enough for the cold months.

After she ate, she'd returned and dedicated the other half of her day to taping and painting. It was rather tricky with such long nails so she had little duct tape pieces stuck at the tip of her nail. Her clothes had gone from just dirty to covered in paint, the only place free of it was her hands since she had to scrub them clean to handle the furniture.

The rugs she got came. They were huge, brown, and only needed minimal cleaning! The couches were now dry and she'd set them up in the middle of the room in a small square right in front of a big TV. A big table in front of the TV could hold 4-6 students at a time.

The table she and Nejire had polished was in the middle of the couches, like an average coffee table, and underneath the top was a small shelf where Eli put some card games.

On the sides of the room were some of the school desks, lined up in two rows for anybody who wanted to do school work anywhere.

She even had a sign next to the TV that said 'Quiet Hour is from 4-6 pm every school day'.

There were some books lined on the wall, ones she'd ordered from an online thrift shop. Don't tell Nezu but Eli even bought a game with the extra budget, a PS_ (there would be at least 16 by now right?). She had some curtains to the side of the massive window that all the other classrooms had pinned up to the walls to continue to let in light.

On the opposite side of the school desk was a table, with a coffee machine, tea packets, an electric kettle, napkins, spoons, a bottle of honey, cereal, granola bars, oatmeal, instant ramen, and some other small snacks. They were on the side of a decent-sized microwave, and the kettle sat atop.

And, last but not least, Eli had discovered that the couches she salvaged could be flipped up at the bottom, where Eli didn't hesitate to put some blankets and extra pillows.

"Holy shit," she heard behind her. Turning around, Hitoshi, her Dads, and Eri stood at the door, looking around with wide eyes at the space she'd created here.

"Hey guys, you like?" she asked.

"Oh, sweetheart it's beautiful!" Hizashi said loudly, proudly clapping his hands as he looked around with a wide smile.

"And you did this all today?" Shouta asked next, holding a mug of coffee and Eri's hand, nodding his head at her work like a proud Father.

"Well, I did most of the heavy lifting throughout the week," she replied, swaying side to side as she began to play with her hands, even though she smiled bashfully at the praise.

'I'm going to smoke the absolute shit out of this weed when I get home' she thought, imagining herself throwing her fist in the air in triumph.

Finally, finally, she could reward herself with the weed she'd been saving.

'Actually!'

"Oh! We brought you these, and this one is specifically for you," Hizashi said, pointedly, gesturing down at her hands. He turned to grab a basket from behind the door before revealing the mountain of stress balls he had.