twenty-eight

.

.

.

Eli was basically in the backyard UA. She'd already lugged all the furniture she planned to clean up two flights of stairs and piled them together near a water hose she found. She had rented some cleaning equipment that was supposed to arrive at UA today, and thankfully it did.

She knew she could just throw the sofa covering in the wash, but she knew with how long it was sitting in there it probably needed to soak. She once had a part-time job as a maid at a hotel, it was pretty good money, but the workload was ridiculous so she quickly cut and run once she got a job at the library at her University.

So, she got to work like she said she would. She removed the covering and set them in a big bucket she asked the janitor for. (Nezu gave her a little badge so people wouldn't be suspicious of her).

She filled it with some hot water (she stole the tea kettle from the teacher's lounge) and borax and some vinegar. She set it to the side as she got to work cleaning the tables. She scrapped things she didn't want to think about, and scrubbed the front, sides, and legs of the tables. The top was wood so she had ordered some lavender oil to make her wood polish and a wad of sandpaper.

She would have rented a sander for an hour but she really was not sure of her ability to use it.

Plus she didn't really have anyone to ask (idiot).

The wind against her neck was nice and she found herself weirdly energized as she sanded the table furiously.

And peaking around the corner, Mirio could help but be curious.

He'd been walking with Nejire and Tamaki when he heard the sound of light music being played. It'd be one thing if it was a song that he had some semblance of, but this sound didn't even sound remotely like anything he heard.

Eli was listening to all the music she'd missed in her years, including all the movie soundtracks she missed.

It didn't take her long to have the idea of looking up how many Marvel movies had been made in over 200 years, and she immediately was delighted to watch Wakanda Forever by herself after she'd been looking forward to seeing it with Louis back home.

The winds around her shifted a bit and the bobbing of her head halted as she turned around to see the familiar eyes of Mirio.

"Dude, no need to be a creep, how ya been man!?" she called out with a smile and a wave.

Mirio, embarrassed, rubbed the back of his head and stepped out.

"Hey Eli-chan, I've been alright, sorry about that," he said, his cheeks red as resisted the urge to avoid her gaze

"Mirio?" they heard and it was at that moment that realization dawned on the boy before her. He'd been walking WITH them.

Around the corner came Tamaki and Nejire, two people whom Eli had never met.

'Damn, is purple that common a hair color here?' she questioned mentally.

"Oh, uhm, hi?" she said awkwardly at the two.

She was covered in vinegar and suds. The shorts she'd worn were dirty and so were her shoes. She had on a simple Nirvana shirt and her wings were puffed out in embarrassment. She also wasn't sure about the state of her face given the fact that it was rather warm today.

Not the best first impression but crashing through the ceiling of his classroom and head-butting him didn't stop Dad from adopting her, so Eli shrugged.

Plus, it'd be fine if she didn't just knock them out like she did Mirio. 

Neijire gaped as she remembered who she was.