eighteen

.

.

.

Eli walked Mezo out of the school with a small pep in her step. 

"So they're adopting you?" Mezo asked, and Eli nodded with a huge smile on her face. 

"Mhm!" she said, pulling the lollipop Recovery Girl gave her early in her mouth. 

"Wow, I never pictured Aizawa-sensei as the... fatherly type," Mezo said with a chuckle, but Eli could shiver in small excitement before she looked at Mezo. 

"I can understand that," Eli said, leaning against a column outside of the school. 

"Oh, hey, I wanted to ask you something," Mezo said suddenly, also stopping to sit on the side of the column. 

Eli instantly panicked, but a shake of her head got her together. 

"What is it?" she asked. 

"Okay, I've never actually had any friends..." Mezo started, Eli almost instantly cutting in. 

"Booooo," she said, the boy laughing a bit as he leaned back. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this weekend? Only if you feel up to it, of course, I mean I know you just fought a Nomu of all things but-" Mezo was cut off. 

"Sure! I mean, I gotta ask Mr.Aizawa and Mr. Hizashi, but sure!" she said, adjusting her glasses as she nodded. 

Mezo smiled under his mask and nodded. 

"I gotta get going or I'll miss curfew, I'll see you, Eli," Mezo said with a small laugh. 

Eli warmed and nodded, waving him off down the stairs before she adjusted her bag and took a deep breath. 

'How do I get to the gym again?' Eli pondered as she walked idly. 

School was over now, and Shouta had to hang back with a couple of students, and apparently, Hitoshi had a meeting with Hound Dog after he missed it because of the USJ incident. 

She didn't know where Hizashi was, unfortunately, but she had to meet with Bakugo anyway. 

She walked for a bit, finding herself outside, and looking for the gym. She started to get irritated after a while, and the winds rustled around her feverishly, small giggles echoing in her ears. 

"This way, it's this way," their childish voices chanted. 

It's like her body was on auto-pilot, and she found herself moving in the direction of the wind, eventually spotting the ash-blonde who had a notable scowl on his face. 

"Where the hell have you been?!" Bakugo instantly yelled once he spotted her. 

She could only jog over with a sheepish smile. 

"Sorry, I didn't exactly know where you were talking about," Eli said adjusting the bag on her shoulder. 

Bakugo huffed, and shot her a glare, picking his bag up off the ground and throwing it over his shoulder. 

"So... what did you want to talk about?" Eli asked, her hand reaching up to scratch around the skin of her eyebrow piercing. 

"Principal Nezu said you were from the past right, and that you falling out of the ceiling that day was the most likely a result of a Quirk," Bakugo began, Eli nodding slightly as she walked beside him. 

She wasn't exactly sure where they were heading, but if it was in the school she figured it'd be fine. 

"And the reason you're not looking for a way back is that you don't have much to go back to," Bakugo said again, Eli grimacing a bit before speaking up hesitantly.