twelve

.

.

.

When Eli woke, she was certainly not in a desirable situation. In a secluded room, with a one-way window. She was clearly in a hospital bed though, one of her wrists cuffed to the bed. Her mouth was dry, and she found herself coughing because of it. 

But, this seemed to come with a price, and she winced at the pain in her torso. 

"Wh-" Eli was cut off by her coughing. 

She clenched her teeth together in pain, the pain in her torso growing as she did.

Suddenly, her heart rate sped up a lot, which she could tell from the rapid beeping next to her. Her skin grew hot and her fingers twitched, which made her have to reign in a small scream of pain from her hand. 

Her breathing sped up even more, and her eyes shot around the room in a panic. It was empty, and this made her tense up even more. Nothing but blurry objects and such, which made her groan loudly in pain as she scooted back in fear. 

Suddenly, the door opened, making Eli look over at the door with wide eyes, seeing a small lady look at her in shock before she squeaked in surprise.  

"Wait-" Eli tried, but the woman had already scurried out the room and shut the door loudly, making her flinch even more. 

She coughed loudly at the sudden words, her throat hurting before she let out yet another groan from the movement. 

Eli shivered despite her overheating body, and not a minute later, the door opened again making her look at it hastily. Tears brimmed her eyes as she stared at the familiar tuff of lavender hair, long blonde, and messy black hair. 

"Eli!" Hitoshi said rushing forward and with squinted eyes, she smiled at him. Just at their presence, she felt her body calm down, her breathing slowing as she felt a little safer. 

"I'm sorry, it's only 2 at a time," a nurse tried but was hit with a fierce glare from a pair of black eyes. 

"I-I'm sure um, we can make an exception," the nurse said with wide eyes and blushy cheeks. 

"Hmph," Hizashi said before he closed the door and wheeled his husband over to the hospital bed that Eli resided in. 

"What the hell is wrong with you Eli, you could've gotten yourself killed," Hitoshi said instantly, pulling a chair up on the other side of her bed, Hizashi wheelings Shouta over to which, Hizashi pulled a chair up as well. 

"I-" Eli tried, but found herself coughing again as her words scratched aggressively at her throat. 

"Oh honey, here," Hizashi said, getting up to pour her a glass of water. He handed to her when he sat back down. 

Eli immediately began drinking the water, breathing a small sigh of relief at the coolness of it but sighed as she had to lean over to drink it because her good hand was cuffed to the bed. And let me tell you, this was not good for her ribs. 

"Mr. Aizawa would've died, t-that thing was killing him," Eli said with a cough at the end, but she sighed a bit after that. 

"All Might was on his way, I would've been fine," Shouta told her. Granted, his arm was still broken, and Eli had saved him some thick bandaging from Recovery Girl, he still didn't like that she put herself in harm's way because of him. 

"I don't even know All Might, why would I rely on someone I don't even know? Symbol of peace my ass, more like the symbol of tardiness. If anything I was waiting for Hizashi to start screaming," Eli grumbled, before grunting as she sat up straighter. Her free, but a broken, hand reached up to rub her torso softly as she sighed.