thirty

.

.

.

'I am the shit, it's concluded,' she thought. 

Standing beside Hound Dog with Nezu perched on her shoulder, they watched as students from Class 1A and 1B marveled at the Comfort Corner as Eli decided to call it. Midoriya could be seen with Ochaco on the couch popping up the seats to look at the games underneath. 

The video game was already on and the lightest of music played, just some ambient study music Eli found online. Since she wasn't familiar with any students from 1B, she watched them curiously. One guy was literally just a word bubble, which Eli had to admit was the funniest shit she'd ever seen but also potentially the coolest. 

"My students, please," he called silencing the chattering students, some more loudly than others. "If you did not already know, this is all the work of Eli-san, TA of 1A," Principal Nezu said. 

Eli wore baggy army green pants and a black off-the-shoulder long-sleeve, wearing all the accessories she wanted. When she found out Doc Martins were still a thing, she bought those and was wearing them over 4 pairs of socks and a prayer. 

Maybe she didn't look too professional, but she'd been getting leee-way because she was young, as Nezu so politely put 'Your relaxed appearance may bring comfort to the students', which was probably just a bunch of bullshit but she wasn't about to complain. 

"Oh well, y'all can come in here anytime you want, preferably not during class though. All I ask is that you guys respect the space. I heard about the little beef between classrooms, so if you have a problem, take it outside and I'm being serious," she said, looking directly at Bakugo. 

"What?! What makes you think I'm gonna start something?" he yelled at her. 

She just stared at him with her eyes blinking irritably and her arms crossed. 

"Cause you starting something with me right now," she retorted, rolling her eyes as she walked past him with Nezu who was trying to stay professional as he grinned at the banter. 

"YOU LITERALLY JUST STARTED IT?!" 

"And? Anyway, like I said. This is your space, not for teachers so even though we'll have study hours when you are here you don't always have to be a student alright? Oh, and there's this Google form QR code around here..." she said, her eyes sweeping around to look for where she pinned it to the bulletin board. 

"It's just for any suggestions you guys might have, feel free to use it, and imma try my best to make it happen, yeah?" she told them with a slightly awkward thumbs up. 

"Uhm, well there's no class right now so... do whatever you want I guess," she told them with another thumbs up. 

.

.

Eli was pleasantly surprised to know that kids nowadays, even though kind of weird, were pretty much the same when it came to their topics of conversation. 

"A morning shit is required. It reminds me that I'm alive when I wake up," Sero said with a laugh. Mina and Denki laughed with him, Denki slapping his shoulder as he laughed. 

"No, he's right though, sometimes when I go pee in the morning it gives me that little uumph," Mina nodded. 

Music played in the background, someone had changed the music to something Eli didn't know so it was probably a newer artist. She had a little desk in the corner where she sat as she was now the 'Director of the Comfort Corner'. She didn't have anything to do but grade 20 quizzes, but with that being it, she relaxed as she unashamedly listened to their conversations.