six

.

.

.

Eli lived in a run-down dojo from ages 13-17, until she was kicked out by the guy fostering her when it was time for college. He was the longest she'd ever stayed with anyone. Though, regardless of that fact, it wasn't ideal.

His name was Ren Tanaka, and he polished the skills she already had from the fights she'd gotten into from bullying. Ren taught her a type of martial arts called Taido Martial Arts and instilled into her mind how to stay calm during a fight and make decisions on her feet.

(a/n --> if you/have watch(ed) jujutsu kaisen, think of how itadori yuuji fights) 

Granted this only applied to her fighting and not her everyday interaction, unfortunately.

Still though, when she does fight she is rather good at it, and for a while, it was all she did really. Early morning training, long workouts, and getting her ass kicked for years until she finally kicked Ren's ass, and kept doing it.

He wasn't a nice man, but he was better than most of the others. He made sure she ate 3 times a day along with some other basic necessities, taught her how to drive, and he even commended her writing career. He wasn't particularly affectionate other than a small smile here or there, and maybe some praise when she performed a move right.

But, this didn't stop him from giving her the boot as soon as the summer after her senior year of high school began. Sure he beat the shit out of her during sparring almost every day but considering the fact that she suddenly landed in a future where kids like Bakugo could launch a ball 700 meters in the air, she was kind of thankful for his bullshit now.

So now she stood behind a line by herself getting ready for the 50-meter dash. She sighed, knowing she could run pretty fast, and for quite a long time too, but since this was a Quirk test she knew that using her wings would be the best option.

Eli paid no mind to the students that were staring at her since she was the last to go, forcing herself into the mindset that Ren had instilled in her for 4 years. So, with shaky hands, she let out a breath and rolled her shoulders.

'They're just extra limbs, right? Like an arm, don't think, just do,' she told herself.

So, with a sigh, she crouched into position and placed her feet on the pedestals behind her.

"Like an arm or a leg, like an arm or a leg," she muttered to herself.

"On your mark," said the robot that was placed at the finish line.

'Come on, Eli, you've drawn wings before so you know how they're structured, and you've got hundreds of notebooks filled with short essays and excerpts of what you thought it would feel like to fly. Don't think, just do!' she shouted at herself.

She felt her wings raise behind her, listening to her commands as the rest of her body did.

"GO!" yelled the robot.

With a small grunt, she took off, flapping her wings along the way, raising her a couple of inches off the ground as she sped towards the finish line.

"Shit," she said, skidding to a stop and letting out a small puff of air.

"3.52 seconds," said the robot.

She froze, looking at the robot with wide eyes, shivering as she felt the hard glare from Bakugo before she quickly made her way back next to Aizawa who looked at her in surprise before moving on.

.

.

.

Next was Grip strength. Sitting down away from the students, Eli absent-mindedly thought about her wings as she gripped onto the device, thinking about how to incorporate the wings into fighting.