seven

.

.

.

Hizashi beamed as Eli told him about her day. It was the first time, in the short time that she'd been here that she looked so excited, and she wasn't even fidgeting nervously. Instead, it seemed like her hands were moving around too excited and erratically to even contemplate doing it. 

Of course, Aizawa who walked on the other side of her listened as well, even if he'd been there for almost all of it.

"Wow listener sounds like you had a good day," Hizashi said chuckling a bit.

"Yea, I just hope I didn't embarrass that Midoriya kid too much," she pondered aloud.

"Well, how could you have embarrassed him?" Hizashi asked, quirking an eyebrow in confusion.

"That blonde guy was going to attack him, so I got him out the way. When I put him down he seemed looked really red, and I felt kind of bad about it," she said, sheepishly rubbing her shoulder.

'Is she maybe... dense?' Aizawa deadpanned.

"It wasn't what you thought, trust me," Aizawa said in his bland voice, making Hizashi look over at him with curious eyes, confusion dazzling his features before he turned back to Eli and held his hand out.

"Well, regardless, it sounds very heroic," Hizashi said with a smile, and she couldn't help the grin she sported at the praise before she happily took his offered hand.

As promised, they were off to the eye doctor when Hitoshi joined them.

"Was your day okay?" Hitoshi whispered into her ear as he sat beside her in the back of Aizawa's car.

The reason he whispered was that Hizashi was singing at the top of his fucking lungs in the passenger seat of the car.

"Yeah, I touched a cloud!" she said with an excited look on her face.

"WOAH, HERE I-" Hizashi sang loudly, but he was cut off by the loud tire screeching as the car halted to a stop in front of a red light.

"ZASHI CAN YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!" Aizawa suddenly yelled making Eli's eyes widen before she slapped her hand over her mouth to stop the loud laugh that broke from her chest.

"They do this every, single day," Hitoshi huffed making Eli laugh a bit more and for her hand to clench tighter against her mouth.

"Also, you touched a cloud?" Hitoshi asked. Removing her hand from her mouth, she nodded excitedly at him as she unconsciously scooted closer.

"I learned how to fly, so I touched a cloud. I know they're made out of the water, but I couldn't help myself," she said with a sheepish smile.

"Hm, did Dad teach you?" he asked, but before she could answer, Aizawa did.

"No, she taught herself. Kid, how did you manage to do that anyway?" Aizawa asked, peeking up in his rearview mirror to look at her pondering face.

"Mr.Ren always said never to overthink an already complicated situation because you'll just make things worse. So I just kind of thought of them as extra arms or something, and it's not like you have to give special instructions to your arms to get them to move," she pondered, rubbing the back of her neck softly, an unsure but understanding tone in her voice.

"Uh, Eli honey, who's Mr.Ren?" HIzashi asked, snapping her out of her pondering state.

"Eh, my old foster dad. He's the one with the chopsticks," she said whispering the last part to Hitoshi watched as his face contorted into a laugh.