twenty-three

.

.

.

Eli was nervous as hell because today would be the day that she would meet the person with a Quirk like hers. The plan was that hopefully, this woman could shed some light on the already small amount of information they had on her Quirk, and maybe if the person was up to it, she could help her control her anger better. 

Apparently, when Nezu called her, she immediately agreed to meet Eli once she'd confirmed who she was. The woman's name was Himari Nakamura.

It was easy to say that Eli was very nervous, but that was exactly why Hitoshi, Hizashi, and Shouta were here. They flanked her, and Hizashi held her hand as they walked to Principle Nezu's office.

"Do you want us to come in with you?" Hitoshi asked. Eli didn't even have to think about it before she nodded.

She had no interest in meeting whoever this lady was for the first time by herself.

"Nice to see you're relying on us like we asked," Shouta voiced with a huff as he adjusted his scarf, earning some chuckles from Hitoshi and Hizashi.

She rolled her eyes subtly before they arrived at the door.

Eli didn't say anything as she stared at the door, but she opened it not a couple of seconds later. She would have knocked, but honestly, she was really itching to know who she was. Was it even possible for someone to have basically the exact same Quirk as she did? Did her being from the past make it possible?

So many questions circled her mind, so many she had half a mind to write about them, but that would have to wait until later.

When the door slid open, Nezu was revealed to be sitting behind his desk, and a woman sat where Eli once sat.

She had long, wavy white hair flowing down her back that draped over the back of the chair she was in and a set of large horns on her head that curled near the top. They were bigger than Eli's and she couldn't help but be a bit shocked at the beauty of the woman's hair. 

Truth be told that Eli had been dying her hair for years now because of the weird white streaks that appeared every couple of months or so. She'd assumed it was just stress. 

And her wings were fucking huge, much bigger than Eli's 

The woman turned around, and Eli stumbled back as the woman stood up immediately after. She was tall, maybe 2 inches taller than Hizashi (who's taller than Shouta), and Eli noticed her hair went down to at least her knees. She had on a brown toga-like dress that was wrapped around her body beautifully stopping at her ankles, accentuating her tall stature and pudgy figure.

"Baby?" the woman, Himari said.

It sounded like a whisper, but Eli heard it. The woman suddenly had tears sprout in her eyes, and the wind in the office grew around them making Shouta and Hizashi instantly go on their guard as they stood beside their two children.

Gasps filled Eli's ears as the winds grew excited like they knew what was going on.

"Um?" Eli said, but she was cut off by the woman as she lurched herself forward to take Eli's face in her hands.

She was so close that Eli could see her eyes closely now. And they were just like hers... A headache began to form, and Eli had to close her eyes shut and resist the urge to take off her glasses as her vision changed for the umpteenth time.

Her face was so similar. She was lighter, much lighter, but her jawline, her eyes, her mouth...

"Oh after all these years, I never thought my plan would work..." she said. Her tears were falling now, and despite Eli's urge to push the woman off, she felt stuck. Her body was getting hot and she wasn't sure if she was just anxious or if there was something about this woman...