eight

.

.

.

It was late, maybe 3 am when Aizawa woke up. His arms were still wrapped around his husband who still had tear streaks on his face making Aizawa sigh a bit. With a little difficulty, he removed his arms from around him and got up. 

He rubbed his face tiredly, thinking back to Eli's case file before he walked into the bathroom. With a huff, he used the bathroom and washed his hands, looking into the mirror to see his eyes a bit redder than usual. 

"Shit," he muttered. 

He washed his face a bit and blinked his eyes rapidly. He didn't know what to do, like at all. Eli was different than Hitoshi and granted he had some experience when it came to panic attacks and depressive episodes, his thoughts were still jumbled. 

Granted, their situations were similar, from the foster home hopping to the several counts of physical and mental abuse. The only thing was, Eli was older and from an entirely different time period. 

How was he supposed to deal with this?

He gripped the bathroom counter tightly, still conflicted, not even noticing when his husband had walked in behind him to wrap his arms around his middle. His racing thoughts calmed a bit as Hizashi gave him a small kiss on the cheek and an encouraging smile through his puffy red eyes. 

"Principal Nezu said she's been cleared of all suspicion," Hizashi reminded him, Aizawa opening his eyes to look at him with curious eyes. 

"And what does that mean?" Aizawa asked. 

"It means we don't have to focus on that anymore. We can just focus on Hitoshi and Eli, it'll be like having another kid," Hizashi said, a small smile playing on his lips. With a sigh, Aizawa nodded, making his husband chuckle as Hizashi leaned forward and kissed his forehead. 

"C'mon, let's go check on your problem children," Hizashi said, letting go of him to take his hand instead, chuckling as his rolling eyes before leading him out of the bathroom and into their bedroom where they left to the hallway. 

They went to Hitoshi's room and found an overwhelmingly adorable sight. 

Leaned against the headboard, Eli was asleep along with Hitoshi who had his head on her shoulder. One of her wings was wrapped around him as they slept and in her lap was Cinnamon. Fog laid in the middle of them and Espresso was curled up and held by Hitoshi. 

Aizawa smiled a bit at the sight, and Hizashi peered up at him with a wide grin on his lips, wrapping an arm around his torso as he sneakily got out his phone to snap a photo. Aizawa chuckled quietly, wrapping his arm around his husband's shoulders. 

They closed the door quietly before retreating back to their room. 

.

.

.

The next day Eli walked beside Aizawa in the hallway in the morning. Today she wore a black long sleeve button-up blouse, a plaid dark green and black pleated skirt, and white converse.   

"Hizashi will be there shortly, and I have to go talk to Principal Nezu," Aizawa explained. 

Eli fidgeted a bit and tightened her hold on the notebook and clipboard she had in her arms, Noticing this, Aizawa stopped his walking and turned to her, lifting his hand to pat her on the head. 

"You'll be fine, those kids are harmless," Aizawa reassured, even giving her a small smile which made her eyes widen a bit as she nodded. 

'Jesus, a little positive affirmation and she seems to be okay,' Aizawa thought idly.