nine

.

.

.

Eli felt bad, like extremely bad. She really hadn't meant to kick Aizawa like that, and she could've sworn she felt something crack underneath her foot. But, he told her he was okay, so she tried to believe him. And so she sat on some stairs in front of UA, having already changed back into her other clothes.

"Hey, are you okay?" asked a nice voice, making Eli turn around to see Shoji.

"Oh, hey, you're Shoji right?" she said, a small smile appearing on her face as she looked at him.

"Yeah, thanks for remembering," he said with a small huff of laughter as he looked at her bashfully.

"How could I forget? You stand out," she told him, intentionally doing so in a complimentary tone. He blushed a bit at that.

How he didn't know that he did stand out was a little weird to her though. 

"Why weren't you at training today?" he asked, not being able to contain his curiosity.

"Oh! Mr.Aizawa was training me, he said I couldn't train with you guys because I don't have enough experience with my Quirk yet," she told him with a sheepish laugh. He chuckled briefly as he looked at her.

"Well, are you alright, I saw you look a little... sad," he told her, at that moment reminding her of what had happened.

"Well, we were training, and I kicked him really hard. I-I didn't mean to, it just sort of..." she trailed off with a sigh.

Shoji gave a concerned look as he took a step forward and sat next to her making her finally notice how large he was compared to her. She unconsciously sat up a bit.

"I understand... sometimes even my own strength gets beside me," he told her making her look at him with wide eyes.

"Oh yeah! I saw your results during the Quirk Assessment, you're a strong dude," she said giving him a genuine smile.

"T-thanks," he said, a small hint of a blush on his cheeks. Not that she could see it because of the mask he was wearing.

"I think you were great too, you're really fast Flower-san," he said with a nod, and cough to cover up his previous stutter.

"A-ah, just call me Eli. I know I said call me whatever, but it's still a little weird when people call me by my last name," she said as she gingerly rubbed the back of her neck, her fingers grazing the shaved portion.

"Okay, well call me Mezo, then," he said with a nod.

"R-really? Does this mean we can be friends? Or we don't have to be, that's alright too," she uttered out rapidly, embarrassed by her first statement about the possible new friendship.

"Sure, I don't see why we can't be friends," he replied with a nod, trying to keep himself from laughing at the girl beside him. She brightened up at that.

"This is great! You have no idea man, cause I think that Bakugo kid hates me," she said as she laughed at the glare he gave her the other day.

"I think he hates everyone," he said, and she chuckled again.

"So, how was ya hero training? Mr.Aizawa said ya'll have costumes and everything," she said turning her body to face him. He wanted to comment on her accent but shrugged as he turned towards her as well, leaning against a column near the staircase.

"It was fine. Midoriya broke his arm though," he replied with a shrug, looking away a bit, frustration clear in his eyes.

'Seems he always breaking something. That Quirk of his must be a pain,' Eli pondered.