twenty

.

.

.

It was lunchtime, and Eli was walking with Hitoshi to a table. 

The stares she'd gotten before had increased dramatically thanks to the word being spread that she was in fact the TA who saved Class-1A. Thankfully, nobody had come up and tried to talk to her, most due to Mezo and Hitoshi playing guard dogs where ever she went. 

Hitoshi was (un)surprisingly scary, and Mezo's stature alone seemed to thwart off too much attention. 

Mezo although was busy talking to Shouta about something. 

She also hadn't run into that Mirio guy who she was sure she must've hit too hard for him to have a reaction like that. 

"Okay this is making me itchy," Eli said shivering in discomfort, pulling out a black jacket she had in her little bag and putting it on to somehow cover herself from the stares. 

"Dude, how do you think I feel. 4 of my classmates asked me how I knew you today, they asked if we were dating or something," Hitoshi said wearing a horrified expression. 

Eli audibly gagged at the thought, her pending adoption making it all the worse for her stomach. 

"Exactly," Hitoshi deadpanned, shoving some white rice doused in miso soup in his mouth. 

Like Eli and Hitoshi thought, there was absolutely too much food on the table last night, so roughly half of it was now in the bentos Hizashi made. A gesture that almost made Eli cry, but she played it off. 

"Anyway, so how's the Sports Festival thing going? You're training right?" Eli asked as she bit into some shrimp tempura. 

Hitoshi sighed before he answered. 

"It's going? I don't think I'm getting any stronger though," Hitoshi shrugged, but Eli saw the conflicted look in his eye. 

"Why don't you just ask your dads for help? They are heroes, aren't they?" Eli suggested simply, Hitoshi audibly scoffing at the thought. 

"I'm sure they've got better things to do than train me," Hitoshi rolled his eyes, shoving a rice ball in his mouth as he did so. 

"Hitoshi, you're their literal child," Eli said simply, confusion taking over her features. Hitoshi hid a small blush as he swallowed the food in his mouth. 

"Yea, yeah, you are too Ms.Iwanttopayformyownmedic-" Hitoshi was cut off by Eli shoving his rice ball into his mouth. 

"You better handle that mouth of yours before I shove my foot in it asshole," Eli threatened, pointing a chopstick at him before she shoved a dumpling in her mouth. 

Hitoshi rolled his eyes and bit the rice ball, steadying it so that it wouldn't fall.  

"I'm serious though, they train me sometimes, well at least I think it's training. We do end up fighting a lot," Eli pondered allowed as she continued to eat, pointedly looking away from a glaring Bakugo on the other side of the cafeteria. 

"Dad and Papa are too busy, end of story," Hitoshi said finally. 

"End of story my ass, is this coming from the motherfucker who told them to get me that laptop when I'd only known you guys for what, a day?" Eli chided. 

"You almost died your first week here, you don't get to tell me shit," Hitoshi jabbed right back. 

"And I'd do it again," Eli scoffed simply as she began to eat her own rice and miso soup.